November 20, 2017

Beautiful Bavaria

Bavaria holds a very special place in my heart!  This picture was taken during my first trip to Germany and is a view of the scenery from Hohenschwangau Castle which is across the street from famed Neuschwanstein Castle.

This area is full of everything I love –  mountains, lakes, castles, beautiful scenery, great food, hiking opportunities and many places to rest after your day in the presence of such awesomeness!  Enjoy. . .

Hohenschwangau Bavarian Castle

View from Hohenschwangau

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!  Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. domain says:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about euroepan travel.
    Regards
    domain recently posted..domain

I love this area in Germany it’s so scenic and there’s some great hiking nearby as well too. I haven’t been to Hohenschwangau Castle yet but it’s on the list.
    Laurel recently posted..A Quick Hop to the Only Easter Egg Museum Ostereimuseum in Germany

Hi Laurel,
      I have done a little hiking behind Neuschwanstein but that is it. I will have to look into more hiking. We did enjoy the nearby luge when we took our teenage children a few years ago. They had a blast!

I love this area, there’s also some fabulous hiking nearby. I haven’t been to Hohenschwangau Castle yet, but it’s on the list.

4. serena says:

i’ve been in germany several times and everytime i find it so peacefull and lovely, a nice place to visit!

Hi Serena,
      I do have a soft spot in my heart for Germany! In some ways, Bavaria is like comfort food for me!

Thanks for stopping by.

5. Andrea says:

I’m really looking forward to visiting Germany later this year for scenes like these – thanks for sharing your pic =)
    Andrea recently posted..Autumn in El Chalten Part Two- Torre Trail

That is great you will be in Germany later this year. I know you’ll enjoy it and find many fantastic adventures.

6. sheril says:

Wow a view from castle !! Great pic .. Take me there !!! 🙂
    sheril recently posted..Batalha Monastery

Castles are a big draw to me. Not sure why but I do find myself visiting quite a few castles.

7. Kim says:

Oh… beautiful. Take me there please!

8. Nancie says:

This is gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Travel Photo Thursday.
    Nancie recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- April 14- 2011- Reclining Buddha- Bago- Mayanmar

9. Arti says:

This is so sedative and enchanting at the same time, would love to spend a day there all by myself!
    Arti recently posted..Harsil Beauty Untouched

10. Beautiful photo — I can see why you talk about “awesomeness”! I hope I get to Bavaria sometime to see places like this for myself.

Thanks Cathy! I think you will like Bavaria. There really is a lot to do and see or you could just decide to take it easy for a bit. Great place to just hang out!

11. Very nice photo! I’ve been to Neuschwanstein two times before but only saw Hohenschwangau from a distance. That whole part of Bavaria is so gorgeous!
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- Äpfel mit Herz

Michael, I find the southern portion of Bavaria so relaxing. It is kind of like comfort food to me! LOL