February 23, 2018

Mont St Michel

The Grand Rue is full of souvenir shops and tourists but I didn’t seem to mind.  I just loved being inside the walls of this magnificent structure and was in awe of its impressive beauty .

As you climb the steep steps to the Abbey you will discover the stunning architecture Mont St Michel is famous for.

This medieval town is a wonder to behold.

Mont St Michel France

Have you been to Mont St Michel??

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!  Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. Lynne says:

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Mont St-Michel – it can’t fail to impress. I found the interior of the Abbey enthralling – it should be a must see for anyone travelling in the area – even worth going a little out of the way to see.
    Lynne recently posted..Stress and the 6 year-old

Mont St Michel should not be missed! I love everything about it. . . except maybe the crowds but the beauty and grandeur made up for that.

2. RyukyuMike says:

Beauty of a shot. I wish I could find architecture like that around here !

3. It is a super setting isn’t it? We’ve never been but we’ve been to St. Michael’s Mount just over the water in Penzance, Cornwall. Great photo.
    Julia

Never been but I to have always had it on my wish list. Nice shot.

You should definitely go there. I bet you could even ride to Mont St Michel! There are some great places to stay nearby too.

5. Nice photo! No, I haven’t been to Mon St Michel, but I definitely want to see this sometime. Fascinating place.

6. jade says:

I haven’t been but would love to visit. I always was fond of villages or castles I could see from a far distance away- made my imagination run wild!

Mont St Michel is a special place and you can definitely see it from miles away. It seems to grow before your eyes!

7. Visiting Mont St. Michel is very high on my “bucket list”! Last year my parents went to Normandy and I was so jealous! 😉 Very pretty photo!
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- Buenos Aires- Argentina

We didn’t get to spend much time in this area, which is regrettable, so I guess this means I have to go back! Which, by the way, I would love to go spend a huge amount of time in Normandy 🙂

8. sheril says:

wow ..i m simply stunned by see this one !! i ll search more about it thx a lot for this post ..i never knew this one
    sheril recently posted..GangaiKonda Cholapuram

Glad you liked the picture. It is a great place to visit. Mont St Michel is so big you can see it from quite a distance away!