September 25, 2017

Sound of Music in Salzburg!

On Easter Sunday I treated myself to one of my favorite movies, The Sound of Music.  While watching the movie, I was taken back to the time I enjoyed the famous Sound of Music tour in Salzburg Austria.

I was actually on my honeymoon and my husband graciously got on the bus which plays the soundtrack the entire time!

Obviously, I enjoyed this tour because of the movie but it was a great way to see some beautiful parts of the area right outside Salzburg.

See if any of these look familiar!

Von Trapp House Sound of Music Salzburg AustriaThe back of the Von Trapp Family Home

Mirabell Gardens Salzburg AustriaMirabell Gardens with Pegasus Fountain in background

Gazebo Sound of Music Tour Salzburg AustriaI am 16 going on 17 gazebo!

Mondsee Church Sound of Music Salzburg AustriaMondsee Church where wedding took place

Altar in Mondsee Church Salzburg AustriaAltar inside church

I hope you enjoyed wandering through my memories of Salzburg and the Sound of Music tour!

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. Woah your blog is wonderful i like learning your site content Huy???t ??p th???p, t???t huy???t ??p, h??? huy???t ??p. Continue being within the great work! You no doubt know, a lot of people are seeking game in this information and facts, you are able to aid these people greatly.

2. Heya i will be the first time right here. I uncovered this kind of panel we to get It genuinely practical & the item helped me away a whole lot. I really hope to provide another thing backside in addition to enable other folks such as you aided us.. Máy đo huyết áp bắp tay điện tử bán tự động KP-7920

3. Hi, i have faith that i found people stopped at my own blog page well, i came to return the particular choose? . I’m wanting to to get points to increase my own web site! I assume their good enough to apply certain of your methods! Hi, i have faith that i found people stopped at my own blog page well, i came to return the particular choose? . I’m wanting to to get points to increase my own web site! I assume their good enough to apply certain of your methods!

4. found says:

do you get diarrhea on atkins
    found recently posted..found

Glad to hear your husband enjoyed it as well 🙂 I think every man secretly likes that movie, they just won’t admit it 🙂
    Laurel recently posted..Why I’m Quitting German Language School

I’m so jealous! A Sound of Music tour is at the top of my list for things I want to do. I LOVE that movie and know all the words to all the songs. I think I would be bursting out into song at every sight, even though I can’t sing. I’m with Cathy, the gazebo scene is one of my favorite parts of the movie. I’m curious, what did your husband think of it?
    Laurel recently posted..My Favorite Attraction in Stuttgart- Germany You’ll Never Guess

I’m with you Laurel. I really want to attend one of the sing-alongs they show every so often. Can’t sing but it would be great fun to be able to without the family thinking I was nuts!

My husband enjoyed the tour because you really do get to see some of the countryside plus I think he closetly likes the movie 🙂

7. ron says:

i am a big fan of this movie. my mom and dad use to watch this every christmas eve when i was a child (no idea why on christmas eve). it grew on me…. this is my dream destination. in the mean time, im gonna watch the movie reunion documentary.

I hope you get to Salzburg soon! I haven’t seen the reunion documentary yet but have heard good things about it. Will have to look into it.

8. Oh, this really brings me back to when I saw The Sound of Music for the first time. I still enjoying watching it once in a while. I definitely remember that gazebo scene! What a cool tour to take. Great shots.

I can only watch the movie about once a year at most. It is fun visiting the sights we know so well and actually know the songs from each location too!

9. how LOVELY!! and that gazebo is just perfect. 🙂
    wandering educators recently posted..Visiting Paris

Visited Salzburg a zillion years ago but didn’t do the Sound of Music tour. I had no idea the Von Trapp family home was that BIG.

The building used as the Von Trapp family home is actually Leopoldskron Castle and sits on a beautiful lake. Sorry you missed the tour!

11. I love it! I took the “Sound of Music” tour the first time I went to Salzburg too! It was so fun! Your photos brought back some great memories. 🙂
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- Santa Monica- California

1. […] Next week I’ll start detailing my recent trip to Salzburg. […]

2. […] biggest claim to fame is it’s casting in one of the best movies ever (my opinion ) the Sound of Music.  Yes this gorgeous neo-medieval castle can be seen in the opening […]