February 23, 2018

Mystery Picture Take 2!

Today’s entry into Travel Photo Thursday is actually a re-posting of a blog I wrote back in February.  I have a picture that I can not identify and am hoping someone out there can help me figure out where this is!  I’d post it in Budget Travel Adventures  “Where in the world am I?” but I don’t know where I am 🙂  So now it’s your turn, do you know where I am?

How many of you have gone on a trip, taken tons of pictures,  come home and are not able to identify one or more of them?  It seems that no matter how many times you go over them or retrace your every step, you still cannot figure out what or where that picture is.  Frustrating?  Very.  Happen often?  Unfortunately, too often!

I sure hope I am not the only that has this issue and I hope someone out there can help me with a dilemma.  Recently I was going through some pictures and found one that I just cannot identify.  I know it is in France, somewhere between Bordeaux and St. Jean de Luz.

Below is a picture of a lovely garden but I have no clue its name or the city it is in.  Can anyone out there help me out?

So did you figure it out?

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. joel says:

My friend has taken a picture with the same view when she did a tour in France, according to her notes it was in a city called Cambo Les Bains. Reading the comments I guess you already resolved your mystery picture
    joel recently posted..Phuket Cosmetic Surgery Holiday

2. Charlotte says:

I’m heading down that way in France in August. I currently live in the Alps but would love to live in the Southwest of France. Great climate, food and wine.
    And apparently, from your photo, great scenery as well.
    Charlotte recently posted..Chamonix Chalets Summer

You will love that area! A lot of people from the US don’t seem to get over that way (except to Bordeaux) and I felt like I had found a little secret 🙂

3. Arti says:

I dont know if you have got the answer as yet but I am totally clueless! But the pic is gorgeous and the place where it is located must be really very beautiful too, that I am sure 🙂
    Arti recently posted..Badrinath – An Introduction Where to Stay- Eat

Thanks Arti! I did get the answer to my dilemma 🙂 It is Villa Arnaga on the Atlantic coast of France.

4. Totally no clue as I have never been to France before. But the picture looks lovely for a garden.
    David @ MalaysiaAsia recently posted..Visiting Kota Bharu in Kelantan

Thanks David! This mystery was solved so maybe I’ll dig deeper and pull out another mystery.

5. jade says:

I have so many of these photos too! haha… I’m glad to see someone found out where the photo was! I need to start posting my photos and maybe I’ll get some answers too!

Too true! Seems we all have buckets full of beautiful pictures with no complete recognition of what they are of.

Love the photo, but don’t know where it is either. This made me laugh as I have a whole bunch of photos like that, where I have no clue where I took them.
    Laurel recently posted..Soapy Sam – a Legend in Winchester Cathedral

It is so frustrating and doesn’t seem to matter how conscience I am of writing down where I’ve been! Ugh. . . good to know I”m not alone 🙂

7. Nancie says:

Laughing here……………if I had a dollar for every time I can’t recognize a place in a photo I’d be a millionaire.
    Have no clue where this is, but a nice shot 🙂

Thanks for posting to Travel Photo Thursday.
    Nancie recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- June 2- 2011 — Taiwan Mist

8. Dave and Deb says:

Well, I am going to have to add to the I don’t know list of comments here. I so know how you feel. Last year we took a road trip through France and we stopped at so many castles and chateaus. The towns and scenery became one big beautiful blur. Wherever this is, I know by your picture that I definitely want to go there. It’s beautiful. Good luck in searching for the answer.
    Dave and Deb recently posted..The Jerash Amphitheatre

9. Ayngelina says:

It reminds me of this palace I visited in France but I cannot remember the name.
    Ayngelina recently posted..Learning to cook like a Porteño

10. Your photo reminds me so much of Powerscourt, just south of Dublin, Ireland, but I’m pretty sure it’s not the place. Good Luck finding the answer!
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..BART Art

11. I have zero idea. But I did send this post to John at The French Way blog to see if he does…bonne chance! 🙂
    Raymond @ Man On The Lam recently posted..Travel Photo of the Week — The Head of Ramses II- Luxor Egypt

It’s a lovely picture but I can’t help you out. I now take pictures of signs so I can remember where I am.
    Leigh recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- Granville Island Market- Vancouver

Oh I like that idea! Knowing me I would still get confused but I just might try that one 😀

13. Mark Wiens says:

Hehe, yes – that happens to me sometimes too! Now I normally download all my pictures each day and then label them in a folder – I normally remember!
    Mark Wiens recently posted..101 Things to Do in Bangkok

14. JenniferU says:

I’ve never been to France, but it reminds me Schönbrunn in Vienna. And yes, I’ve had that happen to me!

15. Vi says:

At first I thought it can be Milabellgarten in Salzburg, but there are no such ponds out there..
    Vi recently posted..What’s on in Sydney in June- 2011

No its not in Salzburg. I am pretty confident it is in France on the Atlantic coast.

Thanks for stopping by!

16. Beautiful photo….. and I like the “I don’t know where it is” angle 😉 Unfortunately I don’t know either, but it looks like someplace that I’d love to visit.
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- Guggenheim Museum- New York

17. Renee says:

Oh Debbie, that is frustrating….I have no idea of where that could be. I wonder if it was taken at a chateau in France?
    Renee recently posted..TRAVEL PHOTO THURSDAY

It is frustrating and it seems that no matter what I do I always end up with a picture or 2 that I have no clue what they are of!

18. I have no idea, but it looks like a great palace to visit. So many of the European palaces look the same.
    Sensibletraveler recently posted..Top 5 Movies for Travel

Oh they do look so much a like and then the trip just starting running together. Thats when you get a picture like this one!

1. […] . . made me laugh and feel better about myself! Last week European Travelista posted a blog, Mystery Picture Take 2!, containing a photograph I had taken a few years ago but couldn’t remember what is was of.  […]