February 23, 2018

Fabulous Friday – Posts that . . .

Yah its Friday!   For this addition of  Fabulous Friday I’m  sharing an eclectic list of 5 blog posts that really touched me.

Radoslav Minchev, on Flickr

So without further ado, and in no particular order, here are the posts that . . .

. . . made me smile
I think we all have done something that made us think “We Must Be Hilarious to Watch“, right?  If you haven’t read this post by AlmostFearless I urge you to do so.  I could actually visualize all the back and forth and running!  It isn’t that I have had the same situation exactly but I have experienced being on the wrong platform for a train and I have traveled with children.   At a minimum, we can all relate to being late for a plane (or thinking we would be).  The writing style carries you along through the story as you wait for the next misstep to strike!  Read it, it will bring a smile to your face 🙂

. . . made me hungry
Ayngelina from Bacon is Magic published a post titled Learning to cook like a Porteño. First off, just the name of her blog makes me hungry.  I love me some bacon!  But reading this post and gazing at the amazing foods they cooked during their cooking lesson  definitely sent my tummy to a rumblin. Yum, who could pass up empanadas or that amazing stew called Locro?  I couldn’t, could you? Oh gosh I’m hungry again.

by jules:stonesoup, on Flickr

. . . had the best picture
Petra Jordan, The Lost City by Day from Canada’s Adventure Couple is a jaw dropping vision of perfection in the desert!  In all honesty, I have never given Jordan much thought but after seeing these amazing pictures it is a destination that is going on my list!  Amazing just doesn’t seem to do these pictures justice but they are just that – amazing.  I can only imagine how breath taking Petra is in person!  If you like great photography, you won’t be disappointed.

. . . was about foods I definitely won’t eat
I don’t really think I am a picky eater until I travel and especially in France or when I am reading blog posts like Strange Foods from Around the World by FreshroadsSurströmming, Fried Tarantula or Hákarl are just a few of the foods detailed in the post.  What I want to know is, who eats this stuff? For a stomach turning adventure in food, check this post out!  Trust me, you won’t leave hungry.

Balut by rieh, on Flickr

. . . made me laugh and feel better about myself!
Last week European Travelista posted a blog, Mystery Picture Take 2!, containing a photograph I had taken a few years ago but couldn’t remember what is was of.  I received a lot of comments regarding my plea for help and Marilyn Terrell of Intelligent Travel – National Geographic was able to set me straight!  The picture is of Villa Arnaga in Aquitaine region of France, which is on the Atlantic coast.

But this wasn’t the comment that made me laugh!  Nancie of Budget Travelers Sandbox added “Laughing here……………if I had a dollar for every time I can’t recognize a place in a photo I’d be a millionaire.”  This really made me laugh 🙂 By itself this doesn’t seem all that funny but for some reason it really tickled me and confirmed that I was not the only person who had this affliction!  Thanks Nancie.

Well that’s it for this edition of Fabulous Friday!

What posts touched you in some way this week?

Comments

1. Akash Moon says:

I like the niche all around foods. Uncertain as to what them are usually on the plate…do I have to know?? …doesn’t look like something We would take in. 1st My spouse and i considered one of them ended up being hard working liver.. however My spouse and i don’t feel consequently. Either way, a person do an amazing employment upon putting this particular collectively.
    Akash Moon recently posted..Welcome to My Fabulous Las Vegas!

Nice round-up! I think I missed some this week, so I’m off to do some reading now.
    Sabrina recently posted..A Hacked Skype Account – The Problem with Automatic Recharge

3. Arti says:

Very interesting blogs out here! Will surely check them out…Bacon is magic made me hungry too 😀
    Arti recently posted..Other Places in Badrinath Part I – The Alaknanda River- Brahma Kapal Ghat

4. The Dropout says:

What a fabulous roundup. Very entertaining.
    The Dropout recently posted..The Only Thai Food Guide You’ll Ever Need

5. Steve says:

Hum, Hum good. Love the stuff you are talking about here. I will have to check out Bacon is Magic see what else she has. Thanks for the post.
    Steve recently posted..social anxiety

Great, diverse round up. I especially liked the post “Strange Foods from the World.”
    Laurel recently posted..Blue Footed Booby

It was an interesting read but not full of foods I think I could even close my eyes and try 🙂

7. Renee says:

I love retrospectives like this that shows me what articles I may have overlooked…good stuff.
    Renee recently posted..The Inspired Traveler 16 – Lynda Galea

Interesting round-up, Debbie – a few of these I had never heard of. As for strange food; I suppose it’s all what one is used to. We eat fermented fish for Christmas and it takes some getting used to for foreigners. On the other hand, when I first lived in the USA, I couldn’t understand how anyone could eat something as horrid as peanut butter. Or grape soda. In the 5 years I stayed, I never got used to it 🙂

You are so right Sophie! We do tend to eat what we’re used to. As much as I may try to enjoy local cuisine, there are some things I just can’t eat. You’re not the first person I’ve heard of that never adjusted to peanut butter 🙂

9. I definitely need to check out that strange foods post. I’m intrigued!
    The Travel Chica recently posted..The Worst Tourist Trap in Buenos Aires

10. inka says:

Although it’s Saturday morning whilst I’m readign this, I enjoyed it plenty. Revolting ,the ‘food I’d never eat’ picture. I think, I wouldn’t either.
    inka recently posted..Harran – another SE Turkey highlight

11. Great round-up, Debbie! You introduced me to a couple new travel blogs too 🙂
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- Olvera Street- Los Angeles

12. senafp says:

I like the topic around food. Not sure about what those things are on the plate…do I need to know??…doesn’t look like anything I would eat. First I thought one of them was liver..but I don’t think so. Either way, you did an amazing job on putting this together.
    senafp recently posted..History on The Statue of Liberty

No I don’t think you really need to know what is on the plate but you’re right, it isn’t liver! Thanks for stopping by.

13. I want to know who eats that stuff as well. And why??!

Nice roundup 🙂
    Roy | Cruisesurfingz recently posted..Riga Free Hugs &amp Go Blonde Parade

Exactly! One of the guys I work with brought Balut in to work and some of the guys actually ate it. It was completely disgusting.