February 23, 2018

Happy Cows in Switzerland

Switzerland is famous for a lot of things – beautiful mountains, gorgeous lakes, wine, fondue, yodeling, quaint mountain villages, cheese and chocolate are a few.

But how do they make such great chocolate and cheese?Happy Cows Gruyeres Switzerland

Happy Cows!

I mean if you lived and ate here wouldn’t you make great tasting milk which then makes amazing cheese and chocolate?

Scene Gruyeres Switzerland

This is why Gruyeres is so famous for it’s cheese!  Chocolate is very nearby too!

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. John says:

I don’t think you’d be a happy cow if you didn’t like climbing mountainous all day, or like the sound of bells when you move. However, I love both and Switzerland. Not for yodeling though, for snowboarding. But there are so many sports you can get involved in there, from mountain biking, paragliding, wild water rafting, or even zip-lining at Grindelwald. The list is endless.
    John recently posted..Daily Photo- My favourite office- Chamonix Médiathèque

I think you may be right, John. I enjoy wandering the mountains and listening to the bells to. They are so peaceful! Switzerland has a lot to offer anyone.

2. Arti says:

Happy cows = Happy produce = Happy ‘us’! Really loved this post 😀
    Arti recently posted..Other Places in Badrinath Part II – Tapt Kund- Panch Shilas and other Temples

3. Happy cows make tasty food! This sort of reminds me of Vermont – lots of content cows and wonderful ice cream there. 🙂
    Christy @ Technosyncratic recently posted..We’re heading to London!

4. Denise says:

One of my favourite photo subjects in the world!!! I love going out in the countryside and photographing the different kinds of cows here in Switzerland!
    Denise recently posted..8 things to do in Budapest- Discover beautiful things

I think the cows of Switzerland are amazing! Love listening to the bells ring. Music to my ears 🙂

5. Would love to so some serious trekking in Switzerland – and then maybe we too can take some great photos of happy cows. Love Swiss cheese! 🙂
    Julia
    Turkey’s For Life recently posted..Turkish Beer- Efes Pilsen

6. Muza-chan says:

Great photos 🙂
    Muza-chan recently posted..A Japan Photo per Day – The Dance of Fools

I like your logic and agree that the cows in Switzerland do seem very happy 🙂
    Laurel recently posted..Why I’m Stressing About My Yoga Vacation

I like the cows in the Alpine region including Germany and Austria too! Love hearing the bells ringing in the meadows 🙂

I’d be a happy cow too if I lived in Switzerland!
    Leigh recently posted..Namibia – Wild Animals- Compelling Scenery &amp Haunting Beauty

9. Wonderful post! Makes me sad, though. My wife and I were planning to visit Switzerland this summer but it all feel through. These photos are as close as we’ll get 🙁

That is sad but hopefully you will get to go soon! Then we can all be looking at your pictures of happy cows 🙂

10. Renee says:

Sure is mellow grazing in the grass…….. grazing in the grass is a gas can you dig it?

Now if anyone else knows this song, we are both old as dirt!
    Renee recently posted..TRAVEL PHOTO THURSDAY

11. Grace says:

I agree happy cows give great milk but massaged ones make good kobe!
    Grace recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- A Wiry Situation

Oh well that is so true! Be nice to your cows and look at all the wonderful things you get 🙂

12. JenniferU says:

Yep, pretty sure I’d be a happy cow if I were a Swiss cow. In the meantime Gruyere and chocolate will have to tide me over.
    JenniferU recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- Basilica on the Danube – Esztergom- Hungary

I agree – happy cows means better milk products!

14. How can cows not be happy in a place like that? 🙂
    Jeremy Branham recently posted..Budget travel deals of the week June 15 – free things in LA- Hawaii and Caribbean cruises

I love happy cows 🙂 We used to see them when we would go hiking with the family when I was a kid. I love the gray ones even more than the brown/white ones though…
    Sabrina recently posted..Flowers at White Sands National Monument

16. Katherina says:

So true!!! 🙂
    Katherina recently posted..Not Just a London Trip

17. I agree–if I were a cow I think I’d want to be a Swiss cow 🙂
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- Ephesus- Turkey

18. you’ve got it – the pasture with the view! i’d LOVE to eat there. 🙂
    wandering educators recently posted..Abbey Island- Derrynane Beach- Ring of Kerry- Ireland

1. […] awed by the beauty unfolding before your eyes.  Gazing over the meadows you will see green grass, happy cows with bells, and wildflowers all with the mountains framing the […]