June 25, 2017

My Favorite Castle – Linderhof

Earlier this week I wrote a post about the Castles of King Ludwig II – Neuschwanstein, Linderhof and Herrenchiemsee.

For Travel Photo Thursday, I am sharing a few pictures taken at my favorite of Ludwig’s castles, Linderhof.

To me, Linderhof is the most spectacular castle I have visited.  I even like it better than Versailles!  The architecture is amazing as is the interior design.  I love all the whimsical details both inside and out.  The Hall of Mirrors, gardens and Grotto just amaze me!  The opulence of it all tell us a lot about this indulgent King.

Linderhof Terrace with Statue of Venus at top

Linderhof Terrace with Statue of Venus at top

Grounds of Linderhof Castle Bavaria Germany

Grounds of Linderhof

Cascading Waterfall Linderhof Castle Bavaria Germany

Cascading Waterfall

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. Jason says:

Awesome pics! I really like the long perspective on the cascading waterfall pic. And who is that cool traveler in the garden?!

That is a much younger version of me 🙂 Just a couple years before I met you! Thanks for stopping by again.

2. JenniferU says:

Wow, it looks really amazing. Great grounds and a mountainous backdrop, too.
    JenniferU recently posted..Project: Show Me the Way

Despite visiting a lot of castles in Germany I haven’t been to this one yet, but after hearing your review, it’s just moved up to the top of my list.
    Laurel recently posted..Tips for Hiking in the Black Forest, Germany

4. Tijmen says:

The only castles I have visited so far are the ones in Holland, they are nice. But nothing compared to the Linderhof castle, which really looks amazing. Especially love the staircases and the Cascading waterfall.
    Tijmen recently posted..55 Fun and Inspiring Travel Quotes

5. ron says:

oh this reminds me of the scene in the sound of music where they ran around dancing in the tune of DoReMi!!! beautiful!
    ron recently posted..funda fatale

6. I have not heard of this one either but it looks quite amazing…
    Raymond @ Man On The Lam recently posted..Travel Photo of the Week — Honolulu Loo

Thanks Ray! Seems there are quite a few of you that have not heard of Linderhof Castle. Guess a trip to Germany is in order 🙂

7. Hall of mirrors? Now that’s a place I’d like to visit!
    Scott – Quirky Travel Guy recently posted..Quirky Attraction- St Louis Citygarden

8. trudy says:

That waterfall picture is awesome! I have to go there and see that now. 🙂
    trudy recently posted..You love to hate House- but here he is!

9. van025 says:

Such beautiful castle.I love its design and architecture.Grounds of Linderhof is vert lovely.I love all lascapes here.Thanks so much for you sharing
    van025 recently posted..What type of mountain bike should i buy

Architecture and design are a big draw for me too! Castles and their grounds really interest me.

10. Ah a long lost relative 🙂 love castles and old building they were so creative back then
    Eileen Ludwig recently posted..Water Taxi Fort Lauderdale Venice of America Pirate Republic Stop12

11. Great castle! I had never even heard of Linderhof!
    Jeremy Branham recently posted..Budget travel deals of the week June 22 – summer and Fall airfare sale

12. Grace says:

Debbie is that you on the second photo? Looking great =)
    Grace recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday- The Peruvian Countryside

13. Mark Wiens says:

Cool, love the view of those symmetrical staircases.
    Mark Wiens recently posted..Visiting Wat Phou Ancient Temple Complex in Champasak- Laos

1. buy here pay here account buyers…

blog topic…