August 17, 2017

Wine along the Mosel!

I was going through some pictures recently and found this one taken along the Mosel River in Germany.

I chose to feature this picture in today’s Travel Photo Thursday for a couple reasons.

One is because it looks very peaceful, tranquil, and cool.  This is important because it has been very hot in the San Francisco Bay Area for the last few days!

Moselle River Germany

Moselle River Germany

I really love this part of Germany!  There are many great villages to explore all offering some exquisite German wine!  That is the other reason I included this picture.  I could really enjoy sipping some wine gazing at this beautiful scenery:)

Hope you enjoy it too!

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. Amazing picture! The tranquility projected by the location is quite remarkable.

Ever since I encountered Mosel river in my preparation for a quiz in school (as a river that passes through France, Luxembourg, and Germany), I have been wanting to visit it.
    Amanda Gordon recently posted..Automatic Vacuum Cleaners

2. julianoswald says:

Awesome pic..where a family picnic is waiting to be experience. Just the view is enough to relax my mind…
    julianoswald recently posted..– Dating Tips for Women

3. Lisa says:

As soon as I looked at the photo of the Moselle I began thinking about all the great Mosel wine!
    Lisa recently posted..U.S VS Japan World Cup Women’s Soccer

4. A lovely shot! I can see how one could drink wine here for hours.
    Nomadic Samuel recently posted..Shoeshine Smile | Quito, Ecuador | Travel Photo

5. Definitely peaceful, tranquil, and cool 🙂
    The Travel Chica recently posted..At Least I’m Alive

6. france says:

Great photo. i would love to see it personally because i know the experience will be worth it. Seeing its beauty make me feel refreshed. Thank you so much for sharing this one.
    france recently posted..TOP DATING SITES

7. inka says:

Cooling off in San Francico by looking at a picture from the Mosel, that’s what I call imaginative!
    inka recently posted..Traveling on a Turkish coach

8. So calming. I love being near, in and around water.
    Just looking at your photo makes me feel at peace.
    Thanks!
    InsideJourneys recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: Makalolo Plains

9. Great pic, Debbie. Wine and scenery — perfect! But I have to say that I’m enjoying the warm weather in the SF Bay Area right now.. By the way, I didn’t know we were neighbors!
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..Amsterdam’s Bikes and Boats

Hi Cathy! The weather is a nice change from the non-summer we had last year but it was a tad too hot. I didn’t know you were in the Bay area either. Where are you?

10. Lovely shot, Debbie! You’re right….it does look very peaceful and I would much prefer to be there than here in the Los Angeles heat too 🙂
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Looking Back: The “My 7 Links” Project

Rivers and wine, what more could you want on a hot day? I feel cooler just looking at this photo and love this region of Germany.
    Laurel recently posted..The Canadian Version of a Fortress

I’m glad you felt cooler looking at this picture! I wonder sometimes if I’m the only one 🙂

This is a great part of Germany.

12. Grace says:

Nice spot for a picninc…wine, cheese and some crusty bread. yum.
    Grace recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: Big Ocean vs Lil River

You make me wanna take a wine tour 🙂
    Sabrina recently posted..One Year of Blogging: My 7 Links

14. Good post. Seems like you and I agree on many things; cool weather, great views, and tasty wine.

1. […] I said Germany.  Sitting in the lovely valley created by the Moselle River is Trier, Germany’s oldest city.  Founded around 16 BC, Trier has had quite a history including […]

2. […] Laurel 3. Debbie @ European Travelista 5. Inside Journeys 2. Michael Figueiredo @Strux Travel 4. Cathy […]