February 23, 2018

France Celebrates Bastille Day!

Today is Bastille Day!

The day that France celebrates the storming of the esteemed prison and the beginning of the end of the monarchy.Β  This is a very symbolic day for the French as it was seen as the beginning of the Republic.

Today there is a huge celebration in Paris with a military parade down the Champs Elysees complete with a flyover and ending with fireworks tonight.

As with our 4th of July celebrations, you will see the flag of France being waved in all their glory.Β  The Tri-color symbolizes Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity for all French citizens.

So get out there and celebrate!Β  Enjoy French food, Champagne or just wear a beret in honor of the French.

In honor of Bastille Day, here are a couple photographs of one of the iconic symbol of Paris – the Eiffel Tower.

Viva La France!

Eiffel Tower Paris FranceEiffel Tower Paris France

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. shaween de la paz says:

Viva La France! ^_^
    I was supposed to go to France! But something came up with work, Ugh! Bummer!
    Someday I’ll visit you dear City of Love!
    shaween de la paz recently posted..– Dating Tips For Women

2. shaween de la paz says:

Viva La France! I was supposed to visit France, but something came up! Ugh! Such a bummer!
    Soon City of Love, I will see you! ^_^
    shaween de la paz recently posted..Online Dating Tips For Women

3. methusela123 says:

Surely France is one of my future destination and that is my goal! I just love your place!!!!
    methusela123 recently posted..singles online

4. Rizza says:

Great photo,i really love to go that place,and i suggest better go out and experience how nice to have big celebration, i love to have red wine with friends too.thanks!
    Rizza recently posted..Choosing Friends Wisely

5. Tom Schiff says:

The French/the whole of France were doubly celebrating on Bastille Day – as one of their own – Thomas Voeckler – was wearing the Maillot Jeaune/Yellow Jersey – signifying he is leading the Tour de France. And he’s still in the lead even after the climbs in the Pyrenees. Catch the stunning visual tour of France on Versus/Outdoor channel – where it is rerun several times a day. Just a beautiful tour of France, including overhead shots from the helicopter.

Tom in San Diego

Oh yes another reason to celebrate! I don’t really watch the tour but my husband has it on from time to time. I do enjoy watching the beautiful villages and countryside whisk by.

6. Tom Schiff says:

The French were doubly celebrating on Bastille Day – as one of their own – Thomas Voeckler – was wearing the Maillot Jeaune/Yellow Jersey – signifying he is leading the Tour de France. And he’s still in the lead even after the climbs in the Pyrenees. Catch the stunning visual tour of France on Versus/Outdoor channel – where it is rerun several times a day. Just a beautiful tour of France, including overhead shots from the helicopter.

Tom in San Diego

7. I drank some red wine to celebrate πŸ™‚
    The Travel Chica recently posted..Day Tripping: Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

8. I will have to visit Paris one year on the 14th July! It can be fun!
    crazy sexy fun traveler recently posted..A MAMMOTH/ELEPHANT IN CIUTADELLA PARK, BARCELONA

9. I usually go to one of the celebrations here in NYC but had a long day at work today and an early morning tomorrow. Aaah, the joys of work!
    Hope you had a very lovely Bastille Day!
    Marcia
    InsideJourneys recently posted..It’s Bastille Day

10. Happy Bastille Day everyone!! What a great post…I wish I were there to celebrate with our French neighbors as they mark the historic occasion!
    Jeff Titelius recently posted..Ponte Vecchio – One of Florence, Italy’s Greatest Treasures

11. Nice photos! By luck, I was able to take a beautiful photo of the Eiffel Tower when I was there. Like you, I am celebrating Bastille Day! πŸ™‚
    Jeremy Branham recently posted..10 ways to save money in Paris on a budget

Thanks Jeremy! The Eiffel Tower is so magnificent in person especially coming from the Trocadero πŸ™‚

12. JenniferU says:

I’m always game for a party, not to mention champagne! Vive la France!
    JenniferU recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: Saint Nikolas Russian Church – Sofia, Bulgaria

13. Happy Bastille Day Debbie! I was in Paris in 1995 for Bastille Day (my first time in Europe). It was the most amazing celebration ever. πŸ™‚
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: Monument to the Discoveries – Lisbon, Portugal

14. Looks like you and I were thinking along the same lines for today’s photo post — Bastille Day! Great pic of one of my favorite landmarks, the Eiffel Tower!
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..Vive la France!

I had no idea when Bastille Day was until I read this post, but it sounds like a fantastic day to be in France.
    Laurel recently posted..Hohenzollern Castle & William Shakespeare

I usually don’t like to be in town for huge celebrations but I would make an exception for this one πŸ™‚