February 23, 2018

30 Days and counting!

One month from now my adventure in Bavaria, Austria and Budapest begins!

It’s Travel Photo Thursday and I am kicking off the countdown with pictures of the places I will visit.

First stop –  Bamberg Germany where I will do my best tackling all the breweries in this village!

Old Town Bamberg Bavaria Germany

Old Town from Bayern Tourismus Marketing GmbH

After exploring Bamberg and enjoying many of their beers, it is off to Mittenwald!

Mittenwald Bavaria Germany

Mittenwald by Bayern tourismus Marketin gGmbH

Next is Innsbruck and the reason this trip got started – Travel Bloggers Unite Conference!

View of Innsbruck Austria
View of Innsbruck Austria

After the conference is over my plan is to visit Salzburg,

Salzburg Austria

Salzburg by Andrew Bossi from Wikimedia

Before enjoying a lovely cruise along the Danube to Vienna.

Wachau Valley Danube River Austria

Wachau Valley Austria by jay8085, on Flickr

The last stop on my journey is lovely Budapest.

Budapest by ** Maurice **, on Flickr

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. Barbara says:

Debbie,

you will have a great time, no doubt!

About Wachau Valley: The famous local apricot harvest finished last week. You may be able to already bag some fresh jam or liquor, worth disembarking if you can.

About Danube boat trips: I went from Vienna to Bratislava for a day trip 2 weeks ago, on the fastest passenger boat on the Danube. Fantastic experience! See my review if you are interested: http://www.vienna-unwrapped.com/mini-danube-cruise.html

My dad went on a Danube cruise from Vienna to Budapest in May, see what he thinks: http://www.vienna-unwrapped.com/hydrofoil-vienna-budapest.html

Enjoy your trip!

Barbara

Thanks Barbara! I will take a look at the links you provided. Fresh jam or liquor sounds fabulous 🙂

2. I’m so excited for you — what a blast! I haven’t been to any of these places on your list yet, so I’m excited to see what you discover. 🙂
    Christy @ Technosyncratic recently posted..San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge

I am really looking forward to my trip! Hopefully you all won’t get bored reading about the adventure.

3. Nancie says:

WOW…these shots make me want to join you. This sounds like a great adventure
    Nancie recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday– July 21, 2011– Boogie to the Music, Victoria Park, Halifax, Nova Scotia

4. I lived in Stuttgart, Germany, for a year when my husband was on business there. I’m so jealous because you are going to two of my favorite places. I can’t believe you picked out Mittenwald because it’s not very well known. I remember the mountains towering above the village and all the decorated houses. Then my favorite city in the world, Salzburg. We went there 3 times because it was so lovely, once in the winter and twice in the summer. It’s a special place, particularly with all the things relating Mozart. Have a great time!
    Ella Callahan recently posted..Ironman Gravity Inversion Tables

Thanks Ella. I actually picked Mittenwald because I love the small quaint villages in this area! Plus I’m intrigued by it’s violin making history.

Beautiful photos! Are you also planning on going to TBEX in Prague in November? It would be great to meet you. I won’t be going to TBU in Innsbruck as I’ll be on my honeymoon, but have fun!
    Laurel recently posted..Canada vs. Germany: Why I’m Looking Forward to Going Back to Canada

It would be great to meet you but it doesn’t look like Prague will work this year 🙁 We will have to meet at another time!

6. I am so jealous. Have fun!

7. Ashley says:

All the photos you have taken are all amazing. I want to see more great photos from you. 🙂
    Ashley recently posted..cheap car insurance

8. Andrea says:

Sounds fabulous!! Have a wonderful time =)

9. That is going to be a fun adventure!
    The Travel Chica recently posted..Move Over… I’m Jumping on the Bandwagon

10. charlotte says:

Hello Debbie,
    Nice photo, awesome adventure you have…How I wish I could go such those place…
    charlotte recently posted..Natural Ways Of Improving Your Fertility

11. Ayngelina says:

Hey I’m going to TBU too! Cannot wait to finally meet you!
    Ayngelina recently posted..Coming home

12. Your next adventure sounds amazing! I look forward to read about it, especially Budapest!
    Norbert | GloboTreks recently posted..Machu Picchu: How To Get the Most Out of Your Visit

13. jade says:

Gorgeous shots and Congrats on your next adventure!!!
    jade recently posted..Better Daily Photos with Instagram

14. That sounds like an awesome trip! I am so jealous as you know I love those areas. Budapest is a very underrated city so hope you have an awesome time!
    Jeremy Branham recently posted..Where in the world am I?

Yes our love for Bavaria and alpine areas is one thing we have in common. I am really looking forward to Budapest and part of that is from your enthusiasm for the city!

15. Andrea says:

Hey, I’m going to TBU as well. Hopefully I’ll see you there!
    Andrea recently posted..Picnic Time in Paris

Ooh, I’m sure we will run into each other! Looking forward to meeting you and other bloggers I only now by their twitter handle 🙂

16. Muza-chan says:

Beautiful photos 🙂
    Muza-chan recently posted..A Japanese Song per Day: Hearts Grow – Himawari no Hana

Looks like you have one heck of a trip planned. Have fun. I’ll be interested in reading about your faves after the fact.

18. Oh, how I wish I was going to TBU and then to the places on your list. Love your photos — they make me long to see all these place myself.
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..The Good and the Badlands

This will be my first travel blogger conference so I’m excited to see what it’s like and a little nervous too!

19. JenniferU says:

This looks amazing! Have a great trip!
    JenniferU recently posted..Project: If You Build It, They Will Come

20. You are going to have such a great time! I look forward to seeing the pics from your trip!

1. […] arriving in Bamberg I dropped my luggage at my hotel, Barock Hotel am Dom, and decided to hike up one of Bamberg’s 7 […]

2. […] I mentioned last week in my 30 Days and Counting post, I will be visiting Salzburg Austria late August.  In preparation for my visit I have been […]