February 23, 2018

Travel Photo Thursday: Salzburg Teasers

Next week I’ll start detailing my recent trip to Salzburg.

To kick this off I thought I’d share a few images of beautiful photogenic Salzburg!Salzburg City View Austria

Isn’t this a beautiful city?!?

I wandered up to Nonnberg Abbey, yes the monastery where Maria von Trapp spent time at, and saw these doors. They reminded me of the scene in The Sound of Music when the children went to get Maria so I snapped this picture!

Nonnberg Abbey Salzburg Austria

We need to speak with Fraulein Maria!

Salzburg Austria View

A wonderful view of a magical city.

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. Kisha says:

Salzburg is a very nice place to stay with, I wish I could go and visit that place.
    Kisha recently posted..jump higher basketball

2. Ruby says:

Its so beautiful place, I should visit there sometimes. Looks so peaceful and harmonious.

3. Rex Boerma says:

Great photo you have hear, I’ll have my schedule to visit Salzburg. It’s a beautiful place.

4. Yvonne says:

What a beautiful view of a magical city.

5. Jewel says:

Salzburg looks historic so beautiful, looking forward to read your experience in Salzburg.
    Jewel recently posted..Best Positions To Get Pregnant Fast

6. Peter says:

Thanks for these beautiful pictures I once was in Salzburg and these pictures just brings me back. I really liked it there. Thanks.
    Peter recently posted..kantoormeubelen

7. Samantha says:

Such a nice place.I enjoy looking at the photo.I wish i can go there with my family having a great experience.Thank you for the photos.
    Samantha recently posted..glass blowing venice

8. Margo says:

Debbie, I love Salzburg so much. It is truly one of the prettiest cities I’ve ever seen. The first time I was there was on my first trip to Europe. I remember singing “doe a deer,” with a busload of friends, and then dancing and singing all around town like in The Sound of Music – a favorite memory! Sheesh, I can’t believe I confessed that! 🙂
    Margo recently posted..The Tour Guide in Pompeii who Changed My Mind about Tour Guides

I love your singing adventure Margo! I actually stayed away from Sound of Music this time and I am a little sad I did.

9. Vilma says:

Salzburg is a beautiful city so magical, it really captures my heart. I wish someday I get a chance to visit and explore the place.
    Vilma recently posted..How To Conceive Quickly

10. Sailor says:

Your Salzburg previews are just amazing. Looking forward to read your travel experience in Salzburg

11. Salzburg is one of my favorite places too. I’ve been there in the summer and in the winter. It’s magical at any time of year!
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Snapshot: Palm Springs, California

You know, I really want to visit Salzburg and a few other cities during winter. I think it would be very magical.

12. Jenna says:

I went to Salzburg twice and loved it. It really is so beautiful. The second time we stayed in the attic of a simple hotel (it was a nice little room), and there was a friendly bar downstairs where we could sit, drink steins of beer, play cards, and chat with the owners. Even though it’s very touristy there, I found the locals to be very welcoming and open both times.

Sounds like you had a really special place to stay! It is always great being able to speak with locals. I agree, it is a very hospitable city despite the number of tourists.

13. Such memories you bring to mind with The Sound of Music — loved it! I would definitely visit Nonnberg Abbey if I get to Salzburg. Enjoyed the post and pics!
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..A San Francisco Treat

Thanks Cathy! I love the Sound of Music too although I didn’t spend any real time on that subject during this visit. Now that I’m back I’m kind of sad I didn’t!

14. Arti says:

Looks like a fabulous place to visit! Wonderful captures, Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day:)
    Arti recently posted..Ganpati Visarjan – Lord Ganesha’s Journey Back Home

15. Cheryl says:

Wow, pretty. I really really need to make my way to Salzberg!!
    Cheryl recently posted..Win A Trip Of A Lifetime With HostelBookers´ Travel Survey.

These pictures get me so excited to visit Salzburg, which I’m doing in 2 weeks! Can’t wait, but alas the Sound of Music tour is not to be on this particular trip.
    Laurel recently posted..Bier and Oktoberfest Museum

I think you’ll have fun in Salzburg. I didn’t do the SOM tour this time either. In fact, I didn’t even hear one note of the music, which has me a little sad now that I’m home! The SOM tour is actually a great way to see the sights.

17. Muza-chan says:

Beautiful city, I love Salzburg too…
    Muza-chan recently posted..A Japanese Song per Day: FictionJunction – Stone Cold

18. Michael says:

Salzburg is the pretty and much more popular sister of Innsbruck. And the hills are alive there.

You’re right but after visiting both I don’t really know why. I did like Innsbruck a lot too! I found quite a few hills that are alive 🙂

19. Salzburg’s a beautiful city. I’ll have to add it to my list.
    Thanks for sharing.
    InsideJourneys recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday – Durban Rickshaw

20. Your photographs are stunning! I will “armchair” travel to Europe by following your blog. This does look like a magical city! I am now following you and look forward to future posts 😀

Regards, mari

Mari Sterling Wilbur recently posted..Easy-breezy lesson on Depth of Field for iPhone, Point & Shoot, dSLR. You Need This!

21. Mark Wiens says:

Yah, that’s a beautiful view. I have never visited, but would love to someday!
    Mark Wiens recently posted..Khlong Saen Saeb: A Tour of Bangkok’s Central Canal

22. Salzburg has never been on my list of places to go, but I’ll have to look into it now.
    Christy @ Ordinary Traveler recently posted..Travel Shot: Two Old Ladies in Panauti

23. Grace says:

I’m about to burst into song. Do-a deer a female deer! =)
    Grace recently posted..A no-nonsense guide to first time camping in the U.S.

24. Ayngelina says:

On my way to Innsbruck so many people told me I had to go to Salzburg because it was so pretty. I wish I had been able to go.

25. Oh I dearly love Salzburg, and your photos bring it all flooding back. I remember standing in the Mozart family apartment and looking down on the narrow street, hardly changed since Mozart was a boy. You’ve inspired me to dig into my Salzburg photos for a future Travel Photo Thursday
    Vera Marie Badertscher recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday, Playing Dress Up in Nova Scotia

26. jenjenk says:

you got some beautiful shots in Salzburg! I had the best beer there!!! Love that city!!!
    jenjenk recently posted..Festivals: Festival del Prosciutto di Parma

Beautiful! Another city I haven’t been to 🙂
    Sabrina recently posted..Vodafone Ad Campaign: Union Jack Cab in London

Lovely pictures – and I have very happy memories of the place when I was there on a backpacker’s budget.
    Leigh recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: The Cabot Trail, Cape Breton Island

29. Absolutely magical pictures on a most glorious day!!! And, so happy you included the Abbey. I have longed to visit Salzburg and it’s at the top of my list with that region of Europe filling out the rest…Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, et al.

Thanks for this glorious post!!
    Jeff Titelius recently posted..Postcards from Paris, France—A Tour Through the ‘City Of Light’

Thanks Jeff. You definitely need to go for a visit. Its beautiful and peaceful. I just can’t get enough of it 🙂