May 29, 2017

Travel Photo Thursday-Lautersee

For today’s Travel Photo Thursday I’ll share a few more pictures of Lautersee, a peaceful  lake above Mittenwald Germany where I spent a very relaxing afternoon that was also a bit cooler!Lautersee a lake near Mittenwald Bavaria Germany

Lautersee is an alpine lake about 3,000 feet above sea level and surrounded by the Wettersteingebirge mountain range.Lautersee View Mittenwald Germany

This beautiful lake is surrounded by forests, mountains and even has it’s own little Chapel!Lautersee Chapel Mittenwald Germany

Lautersee is easily reached either by bus or you can walk.  I took the bus up and walked down.  Once at the lake you can relax under the trees, walk around the lake, swim or hike one of the trails. There are signs marking the many hiking trails dotting the area around the lake.Signs leading to the many hiking trails

Families will enjoy the lake as there is a designated beach area that has playground equipment and diving board for the children to enjoy.Lautersee with beach Mittenwald Bavaria Germany

The Bavarian Alps offer a lot of activities and Mittenwald and her environs are included!

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. Hey there, You must have done a wonderful task. I’m going to unquestionably stumbleupon this plus in my recommend so that you can my girlfriends.. zahnimplantat montabaur I am self-confident they will be taken advantage of your blog.

2. marketing says:

This site was… how ddo I say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve
    found something whicdh helped me. Thank you!
    marketing recently posted..marketing

3. Zahnersatz in Budapest ist bis zu 70% günstiger. Die allgemeine Qualität ist mindestens so gut wie in Deutschland, weil wir mit den besten Kliniken, Zahnärzten und Implantologen zusammen arbeiten. Die verwendeten Materialien stammen von schweizer, deutschen, amerikalnischen und japanischen Herstellern, Auf die meisten Implantate gibt es lebenslange Garantie auf das Material. Bei uns können Sie sich eine sehr gute Qualität leisten, bei fairen Preisen. Für weitere Informationen oder um Kontakt mit uns aufzunehmen besuchen Sie uns auf unserer Homepage: http://klinikbudapest.de

4. mary says:

Howdy! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!
    mary recently posted..healthy lifestyle

5. Mike Geary says:

The place looks so majestic, like the ones that I saw in the movies or in the “Sound of Music”.
    I love all the pictures, i wish I could go there.

6. lisa says:

I like what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the terrific works guys I’ve included you guys to my blogroll.
    lisa recently posted..My Goal Setting Journal

7. robin says:

Just beautiful – I miss Bavaria and southern Germany!
    robin recently posted..El Idioma

8. Sailor says:

Beautiful pictures! I wish I live somewhere around those mountains.
    Sailor recently posted..Mississippi River Cruises Return in Spring

9. Arti says:

This is such a serene place. The pics remind me so much of my Himalayan sojourn of last year. Snow clad peaks, enchanting lakes, pine trees…
    Have a fabulous sunday Debbie:)
    Arti recently posted..Haridwar – Shopping in the Markets, Where to Eat, Where to Stay

10. Denise says:

coming from a mediterranean island, I was surprised just how much I fell in love with lakes when I started visiting continental Europe. There is something about them…and swimming in them in summer is just beautiful (and not worrying about jellyfish is a big plus!)
    Denise recently posted..The beach is magical: I’m off to Bali

11. It’s like the mountains are closing in on that wee little town… 😉
    Raymond @ Man On The Lam recently posted..It’s a Man Eat Dog World

12. Grace says:

Great job on the photos Debbie. The scenery is breathtaking!
    Grace recently posted..Travel Photo Thrusday: Street Jazz at New Orleans

I like the little chapels they have around in the Alps – nice and cool after hiking on a warm day. The top photo is beautiful.
    Sophie recently posted..River Music and Water Spirits

14. I really love pictures of lakes + mountains, especially snow capped mountains! What a beautiful location to spend your afternoon!
    Shirlene from Idelish recently posted..{USA} Luxurious Grand Wailea in Maui

15. I agree with Scott. Lakes in the mountains are always so peaceful.
    The Travel Chica recently posted..Spring is Here!

16. Debbie, I love the little chapel!! It looks so cute. Do they still hold services there?
    Annie – FootTracker recently posted..SF (13) Recap : How Weird Street Faire!

I don’t think they hold regular services but I do believe you could get married there! How fun would that be?

17. Adrian B. says:

The last photo – the one with the shadow of the clouds over the mountains – is really beautiful.
    Adrian B. recently posted..Short Guide to Plitvice Lakes National Park

18. Nice pics, Debbie,
    Always liked Bavaria.
    One of the many places I’d like to get back too.
    Play nice and travel safely.
    Cheers,
    John D. Wilson
    John D. Wilson recently posted..America – love it or leave it. How things have changed

Beautiful, I can see why Mittenald is so famous, although I haven’t heard of the Lautersee before. Will have to check it out.
    Laurel recently posted..Food Friday: Pumpkin Wine

Oh yes, when you go to hike Mittenwald you could include hikes around Lautersee or the other lake that is a bit further up the hill.

20. Muza-chan says:

Beautiful photos
    Muza-chan recently posted..A Japanese Song per Day: Jungle Smile – Dakishimetai

21. Beautiful shots. I love the chapel!
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Greetings From… Chinatown, Los Angeles

22. The chapel was such a surprise! Nice. What a beautiful area — love your photos.
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..Round Rainbow

23. Nancie says:

Beautiful shots, Spending an afternoon here would be fabulous.
    Nancie recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday — October 6, 2011 — Choenan World Dance Festival

I prefer swimming in the sea rather than lakes, but this looks really peaceful and inviting 🙂
    Sabrina recently posted..New Mexico Festivals: Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

I’m hearing about so many gems that seem to be off the North American tourist trail at least – love the top photo.

26. Cheryl says:

Sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon. Sooo pretty!
    Cheryl recently posted..Finding Beauty In Your Own Backyard … In My Case, Berlin!

27. I always love seeing little towns surrounded by huge mountains. It seems so quaint and peaceful.
    Scott – Quirky Travel Guy recently posted..Tshirts and CDs hamper my efforts to eliminate clutter and be minimalist

1. white wall says:

The Birch of the Shadow…

I think there could become a few duplicates, but an exceedingly useful list! I’ve tweeted this. Many thanks for sharing!…