March 24, 2017

Cool and Relaxed in Innsbruck

While in Innsbruck Austria I decided to enjoy a trip on the Nordkettenbahn a series of cable cars that whisk you from the center of town at 1,840 feet above sea level up to a height of 7,400.

The trip to the top is completed through a series of 3 different cable cars. Along the way you will be treated to amazing views of the valley below as well as have the opportunity to visit the highest zoo in Europe, hike or bike down, enjoy some quiet time relaxing at the Alpenlounge Seegrube or simply sit and enjoy the views and quiet. Although I didn’t see any climbers this day, you can also enjoy climbing.Inn River from Hungerburg Innsbruck Austria

There are many hiking and biking trails at each level of the Nordkettenbahn.  Some are for experienced hikers but there is something for everyone.  On my trip up there was a mountain biker that looked like he was dressed more for a football game (US style) than bike riding!  Later that day, I did see him again in the old town so I know he made it down safely.View from Hungerburg Innsbruck Austria

On this day, my goal was not only the views but also to escape the heat that had settled in over the area. I was successful on both parts although my pictures show more haze than I remember seeing!  Someone later told me that haze is the moisture in the air and comes with heat.  Who knew?View from top of Nordekettenbahn Innsbruck Austria

While the pictures didn’t turn out quite like I had thought, the view from each level as you rise is stunning.  From one direction you see the Inn river as it winds it’s way through Innsbruck and once at the top you will be amazed looking at layer after layer of stark mountains.View from the Hafelekar Innsbruck Austria

My trip up the mountain was the perfect way to relax and beat the heat.

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Maybe I’ll see you there!

Comments

1. Kandy says:

Very good information. Lucky me I ran across your blog by accident (stumbleupon).

I’ve book marked it for later!

website [Kandy]
    Kandy recently posted..Kandy

2. Fantastic troubles completely, you merely earned the latest visitor. Just what exactly can you advocate when it comes to your post which you made a couple of days during the past? Almost any favourable?

3. Ruby says:

Great view, I love to visit such place like this. Innsbruck it’s a beautiful place.

4. Kisha says:

Breathtaking views… Hoe wish I will have the chance to visit a place like these on the photos… Thank you for sharing…

5. Renee says:

Oh Debbie….there are some things that just take your breath away and that’s the view from the cable car. I haven’t been yet so this looks like another to add to my long list!
    Renee recently posted..Learning to FlyFish with Will Dornan, the Snake River Angler, in Jackson Hole, Wyoming

6. Love the Alps – Austria , Switzerland, etc.
    Nice pics.
    Cheers,
    John D. Wilson
    John D. Wilson recently posted..The dissing of Cuba and America’s changing policy

That view does look familiar. Hm…. 😉
    Sophie recently posted..Murder and Mayhem in London through the Ages – Part 1: The Bridges

8. Levinz says:

Beautiful place! I love to visit a place like this.. Thanks for sharing Innsbruck great view.. This will go to my list of place that I want to go..
    Levinz recently posted..Accommodation Chamonix France

9. Adrian B. says:

I don’t know about my wife, Mary, but I’ll go for a cable car ride anytime! 🙂
    Adrian B. recently posted..Old Cobbled Street in Rovinj

10. Muza-chan says:

Beautiful pictures, I would love to visit IInnsbruck someday…
    Muza-chan recently posted..A Japanese Song per Day: Beckii Cruel – Tokyo Love

Beautiful views. I have mixed feelings about all the cable cars up the mountains in the Alps, but it is nice when you’re looking for a relaxing day. I find the Alps are more often hazy than not and most of my photos are hazy as well.
    Laurel recently posted..Food Friday: St Peter Restaurant, The Oldest Restaurant in Central Europe

The views are well worth it but I have over done the trips up mountains at times. I decided to only take one cable car up this time!

12. Cheryl says:

Looks beautiful! You must have had a great time. 🙂
    Cheryl recently posted..Weird and Wonderful Milan … In Photos.

13. Grace says:

I’m scared of heights and riding cable cars really make me queasy. This one looks so good though. I think I might risk the nausea for a view like that.
    Grace recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: Turkish-Egyptian Belly Dancer

I have a good friend who I have traveled with that is the same way. She will go with me sometimes, sits in the middle and doesn’t look down!

14. Jackie Smith says:

Beautiful photos. It’s on our ‘futures’ list. Thanks for adding to the temptations. . .
    Jackie Smith recently posted..TP Thursday: The Arizona Oracle

15. Spencer says:

I love Innsbruck. It is such a beautiful place. My parents actually went on honeymoon there in the mid 1960s so it was really special for me when I went there.
    Spencer recently posted..Today’s Super Hot Hotel Deals for the Dominican Republic!

You are the second person who has told me their parents honeymooned in Innsbruck! I think it would make a great place for a honeymoon.

16. I would love to take these cable car rides! What a great trip to see amazing views and do some hiking or biking.
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..Round Rainbow

It was very nice. Being in the mountains it is easy to take too many cable cars up the mountains, so I really limited it this time to the one.

17. Kiley says:

I visited Innsbruck for the first time this past August. I absolutely loved it. What a vibrant city, with culture, recreation, beauty. As far as I’m concerned, Innsbruck has everything!
    Kiley recently posted..Back to Beefcake Beach

I felt the same way about Innsbruck and am amazed to find others have very different feelings towards this amazing city.