December 14, 2017

A Little America in Budapest

As I was wandering around Budapest, I came across a little bit of America and thought I would share it with you for this edition of Travel Photo Thursday!

Look who I found in Budapest!

Ronald Reagan Statue Budapest Hungary

Earlier this summer, this 7 foot statue of Ronald Reagan was unveiled on Freedom Square in Budapest to honor his role in ending communism.

Also nearby is the US Embassy.

US Embassy Budapest Hungary

This was a bit harder to see because it really doesn’t stick out except for the large fence surrounding it, barricades to automobile traffic and signs that say Don’t Take Pictures (oops am I in trouble?).  Plus the flag wasn’t waving freely, but I eventually figured it out!

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. Since the admin of this website is working, no hesitation very shortly it will be well-known, due to
    its feature contents.
    natural clear vision.com recently posted..natural clear vision.com

2. Tiffany says:

Ha ha! That statue is great, I’ll have to look for it when we get there 🙂
    Tiffany recently posted..Welcome to the Kingdom

3. jlem1125 says:

Maybe he shot a movie in Budapest when he was still an actor? Now thats what I call Budapest “walk of fame!”

4. Hahah, he’s just strolling along like it’s totally normal. How funny.
    Christy @ Technosyncratic recently posted..A Hodgepodge of Berlin Architecture

How neat! It’s funny to see which city decides on which statues 🙂
    Sabrina recently posted..Good Food in Atlanta: Southern Food vs. Soul Food

6. Crissa says:

Haha.. I never thought that they build statue like this is in Budapest! Thanks for the share!

7. Adrian B. says:

25 years ago, every major East European city had a statue of V.I. Lenin and/or I.V. Stalin. But that’s just history 🙂
    Adrian B. recently posted..The Colorful Rovinj

Very true, in fact I think there are a few still left in Budapest but they have taken most down and replaced them with heroes from current history which includes Reagan who brought communism to their knees!

I never would have expected a statue of Ronald Regan in Budapest. Do you know the story behind it?
    Laurel recently posted..Food Friday: Where’s the Bread?

It was Reagan that brought communism to its knees freeing millions! The Hungarians are very thankful.

Had a hard time recognizing Ronald Reagan – guess we all look a little different in bronze.
    Leigh recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: The World’s Largest Dinosaur

10. Photographers/or people with cameras always means trouble! (joking =D) Wow, I did not know Reagan is famous there O_O
    Annie – FootTracker recently posted..Monterey(4)Wild & Tamed Life Extravaganza @Fisherman’s Wharf

11. I would never have expected to see Ronald Reagan in Budapest! Good find.
    Scott – Quirky Travel Guy recently posted..Checking out the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock

12. Very nice statue — whatever one’s political orientation. I really like the embassy. It looks like a beautiful old building.
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..Four Artists Four Photos

There is no denying what Reagan did for those oppressed by communism, no matter which side of the aisle you’re on!

• Hilda says:

Its like you learn my mind! You seem to understand a lot approximately this,
      like you wrote the e-book in it or something.
      I think that you simply could do with some % to pressure the message house a
      little bit, however instead of that, that is excellent blog.
      A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.
      Hilda recently posted..Hilda

• Please let me know if you’re looking for a article author for your site.
      You have some really great articles and I feel I would be a good asset.

If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write
      some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
      Please blast me an email if interested. Regards!
      polishing brass recently posted..polishing brass

13. Cheryl says:

LOL! While I was in Budapest, an American girl in my hostel was *dying* to find the statue and take a photo with it for her mom.

I took photos in the House of Terror when I wasn’t supposed to either. We’re such rebels! 🙂
    Cheryl recently posted..Weird And Wonderful Prague (Part 1) … In Photos.

14. Christopher says:

Ronny! Ha. That’s funny. There’s usually a John F. Kennedy street in these cities as well.
    Christopher recently posted..A Year in Signs 2011

15. jenjenk says:

AHHA! how on earth did i miss this statue??!!! love it!
    jenjenk recently posted..Turkey: The Kind and Friendly Turks

1. […]  In fact, art can be seen while wandering the streets of any city you visit.  You see it in the statues, monuments, fountains and buildings lining the streets and […]