July 27, 2017

A Chocolate Festival in London

Calling all Chocoholics!

So maybe you don’t need to be a chocoholic but you do need to be in London early December and looking for a different Festival that also offers tasty treats!

That’s right, if you’re in London December 9 – 11 you’ll want to make a beeline to the Southbank Centre Square for The Chocolate Festival!  You read that right, there will be a chocolate festival in London and it’s waiting for you:)

Southbank Chocolate Festival by Magnus D, on Flickr

Southbank Chocolate Festival by Magnus D, on Flickr

This gastronomic fete of chocolate offers something for everyone from those of us that like chocolate to those of you who live by chocolate!   Enjoy samples from some of the world’s best chocolatiers, a tasty array of chocolate dishes and cocktails plus if you’re still looking for that rationale to calm your guilt, you can participate in a session learning all about the health benefits of raw chocolate.

Chocolate sign #1 by dicktay2000, on Flickr

Chocolate sign #1 by dicktay2000, on Flickr

Can you imagine the aroma wafting through the halls of this Festival?

Some of the treats savored at past Chocolate Festivals include hot chocolate, churros with chocolate sauce, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate soup, truffles, chocolate mousse, cookies and chocolate Bellini’s or Martini’s.   If you want to do more than eat chocolate, as with most festivals you will have the opportunity to purchase some of your favorites! Don’t be selfish, remember your friends 🙂

LADIES LOVE IT.. by SNOTY PIMPIN  on Flickr

LADIES LOVE IT.. by SNOTY PIMPIN on Flickr

After wandering through the aisles of chocolate vendors you may opt for one of the chocolate demonstrations where you can learn about the history of hot chocolate which could include tastings, learn all about cocoa cultivation or even how to be a chocolate “connoisseur”.

This festival even offers Master of Chocolate Demonstrations where, in years past, you could learn to create caramel and rum chocolates, learn why using water is better than cream when making ganache, how to make the perfect chocolate curl or making the best Cocoa Bellini or Martini!

by André Karwath

So if you’re up for a weekend of nothing but chocolate head on over and indulge your taste buds in this most delectable treat!

Oh and did I mention, other than the Master of Chocolate Demonstrations, this event is FREE!

Can you think of a better way to spend a day?

Comments

1. I’m impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a
    blog that’s both equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the
    head. The issue is an issue that not enough men and
    women are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I
    stumbled across this in my hunt for something concerning this.
    Mobile Websites recently posted..Mobile Websites

2. Anji says:

For chocolate lovers this must be paradise! Will they be having this festival next year? Would really love to go! 🙂

Wow! You just made me so hungry 🙂 I LOVE chocolate and have no idea there was even a festival about chocolate. How awesome!

When I first read this I thought it said Nov and I got so excited since I’ll be in London next week for WTM, then I reread the dates. I think I just really, really wanted it to be in Nov.
    Laurel recently posted..Show Caves of Germany

Sorry the timing won’t work. I can only imagine all the travel bloggers descending on the festival!

5. Tannya says:

Love those chocolate bars here and I am looking forward to share this post too…

6. jenjenk says:

oh my gosh – i totally want to go to this thing!!! I think i’d be punch drunk on just the fumes alone!!!
    jenjenk recently posted..My Top 10 Travel Bucket List

7. Haley says:

Hmmm…. Looking at the pictures makes me feel like I want to go to London today and eat all the chocolates there. Yummy!

8. Mark Wiens says:

Looks to be very worth a pilgrimage to London to devour as much chocolate as possible!
    Mark Wiens recently posted..Biking in Yangshuo, China: Pedaling Through Ancient Villages and Karst Mountain Peaks

9. Adrian B. says:

Like I said: I know what I’m having for lunch today, but I think I’ll start with the dessert this time 🙂 Anything with chocolate goes!
    Adrian B. recently posted..Croatian Burek and Palatschinke Recipes

10. Love chocolate. I would starve myself for three days in order to be hungry at this festival!
    adventureswithben recently posted..5 Reasons Why Vibram FiveFingers Are Great For Travelers

11. What a tantalizing article my friend…I am so ready to indulge in every bite!!! Nice photography Debbie!
    Jeff Titelius recently posted..The Magnificent Loire Valley Chateaux Enchant All Who Visit on This Full-day Tour from Paris!

12. Anh Nguyen says:

LOL love the sign! Chocolate does shrink my clothes. Not sure why =P

This sounds like a dangerous place…
    Sophie recently posted..Murder and Mayhem in London through the Ages – Part 2: Execrable executions

14. Christopher says:

OK, I’m going into the kitchen for chocolate . . . right now.
    Christopher recently posted..Expat Author Interview with Foreign Flavours: a New Anthology from Writers Abroad

15. Jan Ross says:

You had me at chocolate…
    Jan Ross recently posted..Stupid Travel Mistakes We Made

16. Renee says:

This is wrong on so many levels, Debbie….how could you? sniff, sniff…..
    Renee recently posted..Pictures of New Orleans

17. Lux says:

If anyone is looking for me – you know where to find me… 🙂
    Lux recently posted..Travel Tuesday Top Travel Tune

18. This sounds like heaven!
    The Travel Chica recently posted..Buenos Aires Odd Jobs: The Tour Guide Part 2 – Graffiti Art

19. jlem1125 says:

WoooW!! I would love to go! I’m already starting to crave for CHOCOLATE!!!! Thanks to the pictures my mouth is now watering..
    jlem1125 recently posted..My Diet Ideas

1. […] the 19th century, it was clear that the ancient bridge was inadequate for the much larger London of the Industrial Revolution. In 1831, the new five-arched stone bridge was opened and the medieval […]

2. […] brings me to one of my fondest spring memories. Back in April 1984 my husband and I were in London England wandering through Kensington Gardens and were awestruck by all the daffodils coming up, literally […]

3. […] visits cities that are on many of our own itineraries:  Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris, London and Rome. As he travels through Europe, the intrigue follows him and continues to build.  It […]