November 25, 2017

An Afternoon at Augustiner Brauerei Salzburg

On the last afternoon I was in Salzburg I had the pleasure of visiting the largest beer tavern in Austria. The Augustiner Brauerei offers both a tavern (for enjoyment during bad weather) and a lovely beer garden (for those awesome summer days!).  I guess I should clarify, I did not visit the tavern but spent some relaxing time in the beer garden.Entrance Augustiner Brewery Salzburg Austria

Arriving by bus I just needed to walk across the street to find one of the best places to spend an afternoon in Salzburg! The beer garden at Augustiner Brauerei has 1,500 seats under wonderful chestnut trees.

The brewery is still partially owned by the Michaelbeuern Benedictine Monastery and if you’re lucky you’ll see some of the monks enjoying beer and conversation under the same trees!Beer Garden Augustiner Salzburg Austria

Producing over 250,000 gallons of beer annually, the beer is still drawn from wooden barrels.  Upon arriving, you will pay for a token, take a stein off the shelf and wash it before presenting it for filling.  It is a very fun experience!Augustiner Brewery Salzburg Austria

There are quite a few places to purchase food here but it is all self serve.  You are also encouraged to bring your own picnic!

This afternoon I was lucky enough to have musical entertainment while enjoying my beer. During the bands break a gentleman entertained the crowd.  I couldn’t understand a word he was saying but he must have been very funny because everyone else was laughing!Band at Augustiner Brewery Salzburg Austria

Beer Gardens are perfect way to relax while enjoying local company and customs.  I love spending time in beer gardens and highly recommend the Ausgustiner Brauerei in Salzburg!

These pictures are part of Travel Photo Thursday!  For more great pictures,make sure to check out Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Maybe I’ll see you there!

Comments

1. Hello and welcome to my blog. Are you looking for best gun safe? Okay, you have landed at the right place now. I am here to help you. Read the following gun safe reviews carefully and I think you will be able to select the best one.

2. Menchie says:

That is a wonderful place to spend afternoons and weekends… Great Beer garden!

3. Nancie says:

Looks like a great place to spend an afternoon!
    Nancie recently posted..Magnificent Monday — “Look Through Any Window, Door, or Archway”

I love seeing monks drink beer, it always makes me chuckle! When the weather is nice I’m usually in a beer garden at least once a week, there’s something so relaxing about them, although I haven’t been to this one.
    Laurel recently posted..Show Caves of Germany

5. Tannya says:

Fun is one of the things that you can feel during a vacation and a travel….Seems you really had that Debbie…Thanks for the inspiration…

6. jenjenk says:

i’d love to try that…german beer is the best! 🙂
    jenjenk recently posted..My Top 10 Travel Bucket List

7. Cheryl says:

Bier is one of the reasons I moved to Germany instead of France. 🙂

Looks like a fun day.
    Cheryl recently posted..The Doors of Szentendre, Hungary.

8. Looks like so much fun!
    The Travel Chica recently posted..Buenos Aires Odd Jobs: The Tour Guide Part 3 – Private Custom Tours

9. What a great way to spend the afternoon!
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Hsi Lai Temple: Where West Meets East

10. Sailor says:

Seems like everyone is having some good time!
    Sailor recently posted..Santhome High Road Chennai

11. ghostfighter0506 says:

I love the trees and the benches. Being at a place like this is better than the beer! GREAT! | 😛
    ghostfighter0506 recently posted..racing bike games

Looks like a lively place that. Salzburg has so many little jewels.
    Sophie recently posted..Where in the World?

13. Jim says:

Makes me feel thirsty.
    Jim recently posted..Island Seduction: Samoa Rush!

14. Beautiful place! Looks very similar to the German biergartens. I love the trees and the benches. Being at a place like this is better than the beer!
    Jeremy Branham recently posted..5 of the most haunted places on earth

15. Jackie Smith says:

What a fun sounding place! It will join others on my ‘must see’ list.
    Jackie Smith recently posted..TP Thursday: London’s San Pancras Station

What a wonderful sounding spot – especially under the summer shade of a chestnut tree. So the monks like their beer do they??
    Leigh recently posted..Book Review: My Seductive Cuba – A Unique Travel Guide

Yes the monks do like their beer! They were wandering and working the crowd 🙂 It was actually nice to see.

17. alexandra143 says:

feels like wanna go to that place seems they are having fun.

18. glendaumel says:

Every time I see picture blog like this I feel like going to that place. Europe is one of the must see places in the world. How I wish one of this days I can see Europe and just go places like the one you posted now. wow! How I wish!