November 20, 2017

Musical Mirabell Gardens

Traveling through Europe I am always amazed at the abundance of spectacular gardens there are to wander.  They are a great place to rest for a bit or just wander aimlessly admiring the beautiful flowers and plants.Mirabell Gardens with view of Hohensalzburg Salzburg

It is hard to find a garden that can beat Mirabell Gardens in Salzburg.Hedges in Mirabell Gardens Salzburg Austria

This beautiful and peaceful oasis is tucked between Mirabell Palace and Mozarteum University and is home to beautiful flower beds, hedges, fountains and statues that are sprinkled throughout the garden.  The aisles and arbors are great for strolling or finding a bit respite from the sun!Statues in Mirabell Gardens Salzburg Austria

Easily accessible from the Altstadt, Mirabell Gardens offers great views of Hohensalzburg Fortress off in the distance.Tree in Mirabell Gardens Salzburg Austria

And for you Sound of Music fans, yes this is also a spot where Maria and the children frolicked and sang! The afternoon I was wandering Mirabell, I was lucky to run into a local youth band playing. Take a listen to this short video – they were actually very good!

What is your favorite Garden?

For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.
Every Thursday they post new photos from their travels and invite others to join in!

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. Nancie says:

This is an awesome garden. Great shots.
    My favorite garden is still the Halifax Public Gardens in my hometown 🙂
    Nancie recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday — February 23, 2012 — An “Arched” View at the Plaza de Espana, Seville, Spain

2. Jim says:

I’m glad someone did a foot mode transport post for Magnificent Monday! Wandering through stately homes and gardens is real pleasant. I don’t remember much about Salzburg from ’74 so really good to see these pics.
    Favourite Gardens could be a great theme Debbie do you think?
    Jim recently posted..Michael makes great Spanish Paella! YouTube Tuesday.

Hi Jim, Well I’m glad you found something related to transportation in that post! Being the dork I am, that wasn’t the link I meant to leave. I’ll do better next time. And yes, I think gardens would be a great theme 🙂

3. It’s cool when you can tell that places really invest time and effort in coordinating the color patterns of the garden flowers.
    Scott – Quirky Travel Guy recently posted..Three Fascinating Pittsburgh Museums: Warhol, Heinz History and Fort Pitt

4. Your blog and photos are beautiful! Picking one favorite garden would be difficult! I love to wander through gardens taking lots of photos and wishing my garden looked that wonderful 🙂
    Mari Sterling Wilbur recently posted..Magnificent Monday: Transport!

I know what you mean Mari! It is hard to pick just one and I wish my garden looked even a quarter as good as these.

5. Anna says:

I believe that the most beautiful are those English gardens ever! And I love how the grass and the leaves are green, it looks angry :). Angry greens – my definition. Beautiful photos, love them all!
    Anna recently posted..When wisdom tooth extraction cost is not a priority question.

6. Fortunato says:

Great sharing of photo..I really love the flowers..Looking forward to see more photos..

Beautiful! I’m definitely going to have to go back in Spring/Summer.
    Laurel recently posted..Food Friday: Leberkäse (Liver Cheese) and Bavarian Royalty

8. Michael says:

We’ve visited that garden quite a while ago and strained our ears to catche those angelic voices. To no avail..
    Michael recently posted..What Hitler Did In Compiegne

I stumbled upon a garden once – in Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk (England). A gorgeous Norman cathedral, a large green, beautiful flowers in every colour, tame little animals and birds – in short, what heaven must look like.
    Sophie recently posted..Facades of Cartagena – a photo story

10. These are lovely pictures and gardens – This is my photo Thursday post http://www.eileenludwig.com/colors-universal-islands-adventure-zeus-landing/
    Eileen Ludwig recently posted..Colors Universal Islands of Adventure Zeus Landing

11. What beautiful pictures my friend. I am so happy you share the pics you do. And, I couldn’t help but think of Whoopi Goldberg in Sister Act as I listened to your video..made me smile.

My favorite gardens? From what I have seen, I would have to say Versailles and the Loire Valley…but hey, there’s a few European nations left I have yet to explore…and now this, is on my bucket list.

Thank you.
    Jeff Titelius recently posted..ArtSmart Roundtable: Paris’ Haunted Père Lachaise Cemetery

Thanks Jeff! I haven’t been to the Loire Valley yet but look forward to seeing all the gardens surrounding the castles in the area.

As someone who loves to garden I appreciate your pictures. It’s one of the things I like to do on my travels.

I hadn’t been to the Butchart Gardens in Victoria,BC despite their proximity until this past spring. They were in full bloom & absolutely glorious.
    Leigh recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: Is Grenada Going to the Cats?

Thanks Leigh. Funny you should mention Butchart Gardens. My co-worker just showed be some gorgeous pictures of this park in full Fall color! Beautiful.

13. Beautiful gardens! Would love to see them. Powerscourt in Ireland comes to mind right now. Lovely estate and gardens in a gorgeous setting.
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..The Heat Was Hot: My desert road trip

14. Denise says:

I love European parks and gardens. I must say the ones in Zurich are pretty fine in Spring when the pink and white magnolias are in bloom
    Denise recently posted..Closter Einsiedeln, Switzerland: Pictures take you places

I bet spring time is beautiful! We were in London early April and it was amazing too the daffodils popping up in the middle of the grass in the parks.

15. Muza-chan says:

Great article
    Muza-chan recently posted..A Japanese Song per Day: Yasuhiro Abe – Cafe Flamingo

1. singapore real estate agent…

Musical Mirabell Gardens | European Travelista…