Today I’ll share one that has a definite holiday feel to it!
For these games we will venture to Samnaun Switzerland which is home to the annual ClauWau Championships. Samnaun is located at the border with both Italy and Austria and offers hiking and mountain biking during warmer months and an abundance of winter sports. An added benefit, it is the only tax free resort in Switzerland!
The ClauWau competition is no joke folks as it crowns the World Champion Santa Claus!
While this is a serious competition, you will see it is also a grand Christmas celebration.
Teams of 4 must all be decked out in Santa costumes to compete for the prize money! Yes, there is actual cash to be had for the best 3 Santa teams showing their prowess in all events. Each team will dance, climb, sing, run and act like children as they vie for the first prize money of approximately $5,800.
To show they are capable of being the best Santa, teams compete in these events:
- The Zipfy Bob Race tests the speed and dexterity of each team as they race to the finish line in record time.
- The Santa Parade will judge each teams costume and Christmas spirit.
- Santa’s must know their way around the world and in Santa’s Journey each team will be able to show off their knowledge of the world’s sights by matching tourist sights to the city or country where they belong!
- As a way to show their artistic ability, Creative Santa asks each team decorate gingerbread and create an original and beautiful sculpture out of snow.
- Part of Santa’s job is to effectively distribute presents which requires Santa be a master at driving a sleigh, hence the Santa’s Sleigh Race!
- We all know how Santa gets into our houses, so it’s probably no surprise that there would be a Santa’s Chimney Climb. Testing the ability of our competitors to scale a chimney while carrying a bag full of presents!
- Santa Clauben is an event that finds all members snuggled under a very large Santa hat as they maneuver a course as quickly as possible while collecting presents along the way.
- The Steinbock Sprint is a relay race where teams compete while riding wooden rocking horses.
- With this much prize money at stake, each team gets ready to lay it all on the line in the Karaoke Santa event! This grand finale is an ear shattering treat and a great way to end this amazing event!
As you can see, the “competition” is full of fun and a perfect way to get in the Holiday spirit!