October 20, 2017

A Year at European Travelista

Today is the first anniversary for European Travelista!!!

It’s Been a Year and What a Year It’s Been!

As I looked back at the year, I discovered that during this time I’ve written 134 posts which received 2,868 comments.

Together we’ve visited 18 of Europe’s countries!

The countries we’ve visited include France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.  Along with those we’ve also touched ground in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Holland and even Estonia.Views walking up the hill to Gruyeres Switzerland

We’ve looked at food, aperitifs and experienced European wine beer and beer festivals!

Our journey has been by train, feet, bikes and post bus crossing rivers, bridges and scenic routes. We’ve taken a look at the awesome waterfalls in Europe along with some festivals, even if they are a bit crazy!Budapest and Danube River

Because I had a hard time telling the difference between Baroque, Gothic or Romanesque, we spent some time learning a bit about all that wonderful architecture found in European capitals.

I’ve shared my love for Germany and in particular Bavaria.  Heck one of my first posts was titled “Bavaria, Bavaria How do I Love thee?”.  That should have been your first clue 🙂

Hohenschwangau Bavarian Castle

View from Hohenschwangau

Together we delved into my passion for those small little quaint charming picturesque mountain villages.  Yes you know that I am a mountain girl!

We’ve spent time in castles, feasted our eyes on jewels, taken drives and just dreamed.

Cesky Krumlov Castle Czech Republic

Cesky Krumlov Castle by Docsj

Yup it’s been quite a year!

And it’s not going to stop yet!

I have many more adventures lined up for 2012 but I also want to include some of your interests.

Where do you want to go?

How do you want to get there and what do you want to do once you get there?

Where or where in Europe shall we go during 2012?  Help me out by leaving suggestions in your comment!

Before I go, I want to send out a BIG thanks to you all for making 2011 such a great year!

Gracias.Köszi.Merci.Takk.Grazie.Obrigada.Danke.

Comments

1. I’m late catching this post, but I’d like to urge you to explore the Peloponese, the Mainland and Crete in Greece. I’m crazy about anything in the crazy Mediterranean area, but Greece is my favorite. (And they need your tourist dollars right now.)
    Vera Marie Badertscher recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: Somebody Famous Lived Here

2. Ruth says:

Congratulations Debbie!!! Wish you can continue discovering the best of Europe and blogging about it.
    Ruth recently posted..That Boring Place Called Cancun

Congrats Debbie! I hope you can find a big Bretzel or some schnitzel to celebrate with. I’m personally interested in reading more about Eastern Europe as I’ve only been to Prague so far.
    Laurel recently posted..Our Take on Canadian-German Wedding Traditions

Unfortunately no schnitzel this week 🙁 Eastern Europe is intriguing to me too and I am hoping to spend time visiting the region soon.

4. Happy blogiversary!! 🙂 We’ll be spending a lot of time in France this summer – France, Holland, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Ireland, and Scotland. I’m soooo ridiculously excited.
    Christy @ Technosyncratic recently posted..The Best Travel Destinations in Southeast Asia?

I haven’t been to France is quite awhile and will look forward to reading about your summer there! All the European countries you’ll be visiting this year sound wonderful.

5. Congratulations, Debbie. A year goes by pretty quickly but you’ve covered a lot of ground. Looking forward to following along to your next destinations.
    Insidejourneys recently posted..Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2012

6. Michael says:

WOW! Has it already been a year? You’ve been travelling and writing a lot, I see. Keep on truckin’!
    Michael recently posted..Easy Hiking Is Adventure For Beginners

Thanks Michael. One of my greatest experiences of this year was being able to meet you and Mrs. Easy Hiker in Innsbruck. Hopefully we’ll run into each other again in 2012!

7. Happy Anniversary, Debbie! It’s been fun following along with your travels. I’ve also learned a lot along the way — I needed some help with Baroque, Gothic & Romanesque architecture, too.
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..Beatles on the Reeperbahn

Thanks Cathy! I enjoyed researching the architecture series. I wish I had paid attention to art and architecture during school more.

8. Happy 1 Year Anniversary, Debbie! I can’t believe it’s only been a year… you seem like you’ve been blogging for so long. Here’s to many more years of traveling! 🙂
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Meeting “America’s Travel Sweetheart,” Samantha Brown

9. Congratulations on your year! I look forward to reading more, especially posts about Germany. 🙂
    fotoeins | Henry recently posted..Convex’ed in Praha

10. Congrats to a good year of travels. For me, I am looking to visit Japan, Burma and Indonesia for 2012. Lets hope the year goes without any hiccups.
    David @ Malaysia Asia recently posted..Win 4 x All Expense Paid Trip to Japan with AirAsia X

11. Jan Ross says:

Personally, Spain is high on my list for this year. My husband and I are both very interested in the area, especially Barcelona. We would like to take a cruise from there. We’ll see how that works out…
    Jan Ross recently posted..The Marlin Grill, Village of Baytown Wharf, Sandestin