October 21, 2017

Irish Blessings to You on St Patrick’s Day!

I have not had the pleasure of visiting the land of Eire, Ireland!

Why I haven’t made it yet? I have no excuse other than I just have not allocated the time or money which honestly seems lame.  Every time I see beautiful pictures of Ireland it rekindles my desire to explore the country known for its beauty, history, music, pubs and people!

West Cork Coast Road, Ireland

West Cork Coast Road, Ireland by pallotron, on Flickr

St. Patrick’s Day is this weekend which means it is time to celebrate all that is Irish!

Kylemoore Abbey Ireland

Ireland Kylemore Abbey by pavillon sully, on Flickr

In honor of St. Patrick’s Day I’m sharing two Irish Blessings that depict the reasons I want to visit Ireland.

Ireland
It’s the one place on earth
That Heaven has kissed
With melody, mirth
And meadow and mist.

Slieve League, Donegal, Ireland

Slieve League, Donegal, Ireland by josullivan.59, on Flickr

Hills as green as emeralds
Cover the countryside
Lakes as blue as sapphires-
And Ireland’s special pride
And rivers that shine like silver
Make Ireland look so fair-
But the friendliness of her people
Is the richest treasure there.

Have you visited Ireland?  What was your favorite part?

If not, what would you most like to see?

Comments

1. Carol says:

Love the pictures! Ireland is a great place to visit in Europe. Celebrating St. Patrick is so great and very AMAZING!

2. Lisa says:

I too have always wanted to see Ireland. Friends have highly recommended it. I hope to make it there when I go to Europe.
    Lisa recently posted..Live a Little: Bringing Spring to Life

I’ve never been to Ireland either, but it sounds like an amazing place to visit. I think I’d wanna spend my time visiting more countryside than city and hopefully try some really good whiskey.
    Sabrina recently posted..Popular Food in Germany: What This German Expat Sometimes Dreams of

4. Charu says:

I have actually had the good fortune to visit Ireland, and we stayed at a place called Ahoghill near Belfast and it was a beautiful, quaint agricultural town. Loved every bit of the countryside drive and especially the mammoth hexagonal stones of the “Giant’s Causeway”—everything mythical and folklore came together at that place. Happy belated St. Patty’s Day to you!
    Charu recently posted..(PHOTOS) The Colorful Shops at Washington Street Mall, Historic Cape May, New Jersey

There is so much mythology and folklore in Ireland! The history dates back so far it is pretty amazing imagining all there is to learn about the country.

5. Elise Walsh says:

Ireland is one of my favorite places. The people are so friendly and warm, and it is the most beautiful place in spring. I want to visit again so badly. Dublin, is such a great artistic and historical city. Therefore, you should go! like right now!
    Elise Walsh recently posted..The Best Diving Spots in Australia

I have heard so many good things about the people in Ireland. I think that is one of the Big draws for me!

6. Such a beautiful place! With any luck, I’ll be making my first visit there this Autumn.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
    Erica Hargreave @ Roamancing recently posted..Vancouver Theatre Giveaway: Victor Victoria at the Metro Theatre

Autumn would be a great time to visit Ireland! I’ll be looking forward to reading about your trip.

7. Maysel03 says:

They are very beautiful..I really love to visit a place lie this! 🙂
    Maysel03 recently posted..Wedding Speeches to Laugh or Groan To

8. Francy R says:

I’ve been to Ireland two years ago! I rent a cara and drove along the coastline and visited some of the most beautiful cities of the country, I guess: Dublin, Cork, Galway and Dundalk. What I like most of Ireland is its landscape and the peaceful atmosphere you can “breathe”! I think it’s a corner of Paradise!
    Francy R recently posted..The Best Budget Travel Destinations for 2012

Oh you’re making me want to visit Ireland even more! I’m looking for that “corner of Paradise”.

9. Thrixxie says:

I would want to try having holidays in this kind of place…I might love it and stay for a month or so…

10. Lanaya says:

Very beautiful place.. It is one of my dream to witness this kind of beauty..

11. I would love to go when I take my European vacation. I always forget St. Patrick’s Day is upon us until I see all the people wearing green!
    Scott – Quirky Travel Guy recently posted..How to avoid bed bugs while traveling

12. I have not yet had the pleasure of visiting Ireland, but I LOVE this post you created in the spirit of St. Pat’s day that lets me indulge along with you. Fantastic!
    Courtney Mroch recently posted..Movie Monday: “ParaNorman” and “The Raven”

13. Samantha says:

I want to visit Ireland Im sure its a nice kind of place..A lot says its nice to hear the Irish music..I am sure if youre going to visit this place it would be a great trip..
    Samantha recently posted..Freelance Writer Devon

14. My first trip to Europe was to Ireland during my college years. It is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever visited. The Irish were some of the friendliest and welcoming people. My favorite parts were visiting the castles and driving through the countryside all the way to the Cliffs of Moher. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures and the Irish blessings. I hope you make it to Ireland soon.
    Mary @ The World Is A Book recently posted..Yellowstone Attractions with Kids

I have heard how friendly and warm the people are and that is one of the big draws for me! Thanks for confirming that its true 🙂

15. I haven’t made it to Ireland yet either, sadly. I have always wanted to visit Galway, and then of course Dublin. Really I just want to stroll the countryside not searching for anything in particular but just experiencing the place.
    The Time-Crunched Traveler (Ellen) recently posted..From Popes to Pop Stars: A brief guide to Montreal’s Notre Dame Basilica

Thats exactly what I would love to do in Ireland! What is it about Ireland that makes us want to ‘stroll the countryside’?

16. Renee King says:

Deb,

I have such a burning desire to go to Ireland….with any luck, it will happen next year. Thanks for this…I’ve never heard of Land of Eire….I am salivating here!!
    Renee King recently posted..A Review of the Lodge at CopperHead in Blairsville, Georgia

17. Dianna says:

What a beautiful place, I think this is the great blessing may I had if i can visit this beautiful places….

18. Julia says:

I know the frustration — I have been to the UK countless times but NEVER made it over to the left a little bit! I would love to rent a car and just go driving along all that gorgeous coastline!
    Julia recently posted..Thin places