March 29, 2017

My Home Looks Like the Hofburg!

For this edition of Travel Photo Thursday I thought I’d share a few pictures of Casa Beardsley.

“For a man’s house is his castle”
“Home is where you hang your head”
“Home is where the heart is”

Casa Beardsley is our home in Pleasanton, California which we moved into in 1987.  Yes it is an older home but I think it carries its age very well.  So come along as I share a few pictures with you!

The entryway of Casa Beardsley is where all visitors enter our lovely abode.  Be our guest!Hall Hofburg Innsbruck Austria

In the entryway you will also notice my favorite chandelier along with a few family photos on the wall including one of my daughter!Painting Hofburg Austria Innsbruck

Next is my office!  I like to keep it cheerful so all the creative juices keep flowing 🙂Hofburg Innsbruck Austria

This is our game room.  My family does enjoy its games!Hofburg Innsbruck Austria

Lastly is the dining room where we eat dinner every night while sharing stories about our day!Dining Room Hofburg Innsbruck Austria

Well, I hope you enjoyed our little tour.  Please exit through the  door on your right and if you feel so inclined donations are always accepted!

Ok, I’ll come clean. . . this isn’t really my house!  These are some pictures I was able to take while touring the Hofburg in Innsbruck Austria.

Dating back to 1460, the Hofburg was originally built in the Gothic style but it was Maria Theresa who had it rebuilt in the Baroque style between 1754-1773.  This was one of the favorite residences of the Hapsburgs and was Maria Theresa’s home when she visited Innsbruck.  The Imperial Apartments are at the center of a complex which formed the Imperial Residences and include the Silver Chapel, Hofkirche, cathedral and Hofgarten.  For all these reasons and more, I can recommend a visit to the Hofburg when you are in Innsbruck!

These photo’s are shared as part of Travel Photo Thursday.
For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. tangkasnet says:

She is now a free agent after Women’s Professional Soccer terminated
    the magic – Jack franchise for which she played in the 2011 season. In addition, you can also bet
    on the rest of the games that are being played around the
    world. Subsequent to the World Cup 1998, Barthez became a huge celebrity, almost a
    French equal of David Beckham.
    tangkasnet recently posted..tangkasnet

2. It is a common concern for many people who want to trim down and look good.
    His goal is to confirm the safety and clarify the mechanism of action
    of the green bean. The low carbohydrate group consisted of adult males
    and they were given 4% carbohydrates.
    best exercise to lose weight fast recently posted..best exercise to lose weight fast

3. AMADOR says:

I’ve got enjoyable along with, produce I uncovered what exactly I had been having a look to get. You might have was over my personal four day very long hunt! God Thank you man. Use a great morning. Bye

4. Jenkins says:

This is truly beautiful, great shot and hoping that you can share some more amazing… 🙂
    Jenkins recently posted..Vision without glasses

5. Laura says:

This is really beautiful, I always want an European travel to captured every beautiful places…
    Laura recently posted..Masque à l’argile contre l’acné et la peau grasse

6. Kyla says:

Holfburg I never heard. But then I love the furniture and the painting on the ceiling.

• I was curious if you ever thought of changing the structure of
      your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
      But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
      could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot
      of text for only having 1 or 2 images. Maybe you could space
      it out better?
      meguiars Dark wax recently posted..meguiars Dark wax

7. What a wonderful place! It’s really nice to capture different beautiful images when spent our moment for traveling.

8. Elizabeth says:

Wow! This is the real essence of traveling, capturing every beautiful places and treasures… Thanks for sharing all of this, I do love to experience also what you have got…
    Elizabeth recently posted..Vidéo humoristique de lit de bronzage

9. laireck says:

The furniture looks really great. And I like the painting in the ceiling. Thanks for this post.
    laireck recently posted..Can HCG Diet Work For You?

10. Lane says:

Nice photo essay. Geez… Talk about over-the-top lavish. I thought we were visiting Mariah Carey.
    Lane recently posted..Mushing

11. Dawn0977 says:

Awesome paintings and the interior decoration is so fabulous. Love the photos that you shared with us here. Thanks for the post and job well done!
    Dawn0977 recently posted..Maid jailed for killing employer’s 29 fishes including arowanas

12. Born25 says:

No doubt that Europe is one of the beautiful place and can be found a lot elegant structure, this is really a beautiful image collection, great shot!

13. Judith says:

Hello there, simply was aware of your weblog thru Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you happen to continue this in future. Numerous folks will probably be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!
    Judith recently posted..joanns coupons

14. PrudenceLee says:

Is this really a house? Looks like Royal family’s home. Beautiful! The interior is awesome plus the chandelier. I feel like I saw a palace!

15. Bianca says:

Very creative..

I love the designs..
    and the furniture LOVE IT..
    Bianca recently posted..Guest houses Paignton

16. Excellent post! You ALMOST had me 😛
    Brock – Backpack With Brock recently posted..Snapshot: Sweatin’ Outside the Monte-Carlo Casino in Monaco

17. Nicole says:

this so nice and I like it.
    thanks that you sheared this..
    nice job.

18. Bianca says:

Fabulous..
    I want to own it..
    the decoration..PERFECT..

Haha, I was going to say you are very “schicky micky” as they say in Munich. Very ornate and nice to look at, but not what I would want in my own home.
    Laurel recently posted..My Chimpanzee Love Affair in Girona, Spain

Very true! In my ‘real’ house I have some ornate antiques and they are really hard to dust. I love the look but am ready to get rid of them because I don’t have a maid that dusts for me 🙁

20. Ma.Dharess says:

I love Austria! I know a lot of people do as well…Thanks for the awesome photos provided here…

21. Jenna says:

LOL.
    I haven’t been to this residence but it looks like some of the ones I have visited in other places, including the Czech Republic. I love touring old palaces. So fun to think of what the life was like back then.

It is hard for me to pass up palaces and castles when traveling. I haven’t been to the Czech Republic but I am sure there are many beautiful places I will enjoy discovering!

22. Anwar says:

Looks so great! I love the tour too 🙂 I found the Habsburgs so fascinating, especially after visiting Vienna.
    Anwar recently posted..Friday Photo: The Choice of a Communist Generation

After my first trip to Vienna, I was in awe of the Hapsburg’s and continue to find their history very interesting! That Maria Theresa sure knew how to marry her daughters well (except poor Marie).

23. What an ornate home you have 🙂 I think I want to model my office after yours.
    Scott – Quirky Travel Guy recently posted..Quirky Attraction: Tribune Tower in Chicago

I hear ya! I would like my office to be more like that one than the pulled together mess it is 🙂

24. Elise Walsh says:

Haha, you almost had me fooled. Ah what a decadent lifestyle it would be.
    Elise Walsh recently posted..The Best Diving Spots in Australia

How does your daughter like wearing those clothes… can’t get my youngest into a dress for the like of me.
    Sophie recently posted..Pets, pools and pennies at the Hemingway House, Key West

26. Marlys says:

I do want to be invited for dinner at your digs. Can I come in cool casual?
    Marlys recently posted..Hollywood’s Love Affair With Paris – Part I

27. Fun visiting your home. I would like Versailles, France for a home with lots of servants to take care of it
    Eileen Ludwig recently posted..Cherry Blossoms Washington DC Jefferson Memorial

Ooh that would be nice and the servants are an absolute must! Who wants to clean that big house?! 🙂

28. What a fun post, Debbie! Don’t we all wish we had an office that fancy? I love these types of attractions. I haven’t been to Austria yet but will definitely put this on my list. Love the first picture and with your ‘Be Our Guest’ note, it sure looks like Disney’s Beauty and the Beast ballroom.
    Mary @ The World Is A Book recently posted..Yellowstone Attractions with Kids

I do enjoy touring opulent interiors too! They seemed to live such lavish lives didn’t they?

29. Denise says:

I would have loved to visit the interior of the Schloss Schonbrun when I was in Vienna, which is very much like what you have captured here…but I was too ill to do so!
    Denise recently posted..Picture Perfect: East Side Gallery, Berlin

30. Jackie Smith says:

I am still smiling! Great series and what a fun approach. Wish I’d thought of something that clever!
    Jackie Smith recently posted..TP Thursday: One ‘clam’ good time at Copalis Beach

31. Dick Jordan says:

I think that the Hapsburgs used the same “interior decorator” for all of their castles as these shots could easily have been taken in their Vienna digs.
    Dick Jordan recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: There’s A Pattern to My Madness

32. Nancie says:

haha! I always marvel at those huge dining rooms. I wonder if they had some kind of a megaphone to pass around, so people at one end of table could talk to people at the other end!
    Nancie recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday — March 15, 2012 — Springtime in Korea — A Photo Sampler

33. Wow! Your daughter is hot!! 😉

Love this!!! Made me smile all the way through…
    Raymond @ Man On The Lam recently posted..Travel Photo of the Week — Face Time with Jesus

34. Reading this I was like, “Who IS this lady?” 🙂 Too funny, and lovely photos!
    Andi at The Particular Traveler recently posted..My Favorite Airport

35. I was just about to invite myself over, Debbie!
    Insidejourneys recently posted..#TPT Seaford Town, Connecting Jamaica to Germany

36. Haha! My jaw dropped when I saw the first photo. I must see the Hofburg sometime. Extravagant residences like this are so amazing.

It’s hard to fathom actually living in a place like that – with beautiful though monster sized rooms.
    Liked the angle you took with your writing.
    Leigh recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: Outdoor Art in Calgary

38. Lisa says:

I love your sense of humor. The ceiling artwork is stunning. I didn’t make it to Austria yet. I hope to this time around.
    Lisa recently posted..Breathing Deep, What’s Your Walk on the Beach?

1. […] love the French Basque region? Or Normandy? Or what about Innsbruck?  Last summer I visited Innsbruck and fell in love. So just because I haven’t spent as much time there means it’s not my […]