June 25, 2017

Wiesbaden- Worth A Second Look?

Entertainment Kurhaus Wiesbaden GermanyA few years ago I had the opportunity to spend a few days in Wiesbaden Germany.  Being on business I didn’t have time to really explore the city but I wanted to share a few pictures of beautiful Wiesbaden.St. Boniface Wiesbaden Germany

Located a mere 23 miles east of Frankfurt, Wiesbaden is the oldest spa town in Europe and is located across the Rhine River from Mainz.Inside Kurhaus Wiesbaden Germany

One of the most beautiful buildings in Wiesbaden is the Kurhaus which is a casino and theater.  We had a lovely event on the back patio but it was the ornate interior that caught my attention.Entertainment Kurhaus Wiesbaden Germany

The lovely park was equally beautiful and would make a great place for a picnic on those warm summer days.Kurpark Wiesbaden Germany

Wiesbaden is not on the normal tourist track but I think it might be worth another look.

What do you think?

These photo’s are shared as part of Travel Photo Thursday.
For more great pictures, make sure to look into Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Maybe I’ll see you there.

Comments

1. What’s up mates, its impressive post regarding teachingand entirely explained, keep it up all the time.|

2. Hi there, yes this piece of writing is in fact good and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging. thanks.|

3. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.|

4. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast offered vibrant clear concept|

5. Verona says:

I like the valuable info you provide on your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and check once more here regularly.
    I’m rather certain I will be informed many new stuff right here!

Best of luck for the following!
    Verona recently posted..Verona

6. Anonymous says:

En tant que site site web proprietaire je crois que le materiau objet ici est vraiment grande merveilleuse . Je vous remercie apprecie pour votre travail . Vous devriez garder pour toujours! Good Luck

7. Cheska says:

Thanks for this great tips, truly indeed post.. Two thumbs up… 🙂
    Cheska recently posted..Épilation lumière pulsée

8. Kamilla Lecher says:

I believe they have diversified culture.

9. Froilan says:

I admire their culture besides its diversity. I promise to myself I will go there someday, hopefully.

10. Heidi19 says:

This place is beautiful Debbie! and how i wish i could visit Germany and spent my vacation, at a lovely place like this. . Thanks for sharing this with us!

11. Alexarie says:

I agree and it is true…it is not a normal tourist destination where people cna visit it always but as I see it, looks very interesting to relax and take a walk seeing this place…

12. Jazmine says:

What a great sharing of photo…I really appreciate all the tips in here..Thanks for sharing this post..
    Jazmine recently posted..3D Television Reviews

13. Maryden25 says:

Oh yes! This place is indeed beautiful! Although this is not the usual tourist spot, but anyone would love to be in this place too!
    Thanks for sharing some photos on your vacation.
    Maryden25 recently posted..Millstone Coffee Coupons

14. Nicole says:

Germany is a great place to spend with the family . it has many places to go and to enjoy.

15. Jackie Smith says:

Great photos. Instead of adding all these ideas to my ‘bucket list’ I will just refer to your blog when the time comes to head out! Great information as always.
    Jackie Smith recently posted..In the “Spirit” of Spring Break ~ American-style

16. Nicole says:

Germany is a beautiful place to spend summer. The tourist spot in Germany is really great and terrific place.
    Nicole recently posted..http://muranoplace.com

17. I agree, Debbie. I like those places that are not the normal tourist track. Beautiful gems, they are. Thanks for sharing!

18. Nancie says:

Mention spa town, and I am there is a nano second; looks like a lovely town.
    Nancie recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday — March 29, 2012 — A Magic Moment in Sevilla, Spain

19. Lisa says:

Summers are beautiful in Germany. I love the fountain with all the trees. Hopefully you can return and spend more time there in the future.
    Lisa recently posted..Car Travel with Pets

20. Elise Walsh says:

music and a view. Scoree!
    Elise Walsh recently posted..Eating Cheap in Paris

21. Debbie–Wiesbaden looks beautiful and definitely worth another look. I’d love to sit in that park and listen to the musicians 🙂
    Andi at The Particular Traveler recently posted..My Hotel Room "Fix-It" Kit

22. Reyna says:

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog? My blog site is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Cheers!
    Reyna recently posted..michaels coupons

23. DivinneGrace says:

I think this would be very romantic and I am sure a lot of couples would want to try going to this place…

24. Liz says:

Weisbaden newly sounds to me. But the picture shows interesting. Hope I could visit and listen to the musician plays on the street.

25. Crosby says:

I like the picture of the twin towers. And Kurhaus which found in a casino and theater love the colors.
    Crosby recently posted..How to Make a Solar Panel

26. Michael says:

I never tire of telling people that Germany has many charming surprises to offer its visitors. And obviously, Wiesbaden is one of them.
    Michael recently posted..Easy Hiking Is Adventure For Beginners

Well, you know I’m not going to disagree with you, right? I love all the surprises Germany has sprung on me and am looking forward to many more 🙂

I think it’s definitely worth another look. My mother in-law lives nearby and I enjoy exploring Wiesbaden. It is also home to the world’s only humor museum, which I still haven’t been too.
    Laurel recently posted..Snowshoeing on the Baltic Sea near Oulu, Finland

A humor museum sounds very intriguing! I wasn’t aware of this museum but may have to visit next time I’m in the area.

28. Looks like a very cool place to visit! Would love to have you link up with us over at R We There Yet Mom’s Friday Daydreamin’ if you have a chance! Have a great weekend!
    Becca@R We There Yet Mom? recently posted..Friday Daydreamin’: Readers’ Choice

29. Elizabeth says:

I really feel the moment of spring, truly beautiful places… I am pretty sure my family got happy if we can visit that beautiful place..
    Elizabeth recently posted..Trucs et astuces pour ralentir le vieillissement de la peau

30. I love the quaint, off the beaten path places. I haven’t been visited Germany yet or have a Frankfurt layover but this place looks so charming to see. The Kurhaus looks great.
    Mary @ The World Is A Book recently posted..Yellowstone Attractions with Kids

Looks pretty! I’ve never been, so I wouldn’t know if it really is worth a second visit, but most cities tend to have some quirky fun things that you didn’t see the first time around, no?
    Sabrina recently posted..My Seven Super Shots

32. I think it looks awesome and I’d like to go check it out!!!
    Courtney Mroch recently posted..You Are Cordially Invited to Haunt Jaunts Third Blogiversary Party (there will be goodies)

33. Lacey12 says:

This is the perfect place for a great fun, how I wish my husband will agree with me to spent our vacation at the beautiful place of Germany…

34. Lisa says:

It looks lovely and I had no idea it was so close to Frankfurt. We have flown through Frankfurt a couple of times and have tossed around the idea of a layover sometime to explore a bit. Wiesbaden looks like a lovely place to explore!
    Lisa recently posted..A D-Day Tour of Normandy with Kids

Sounds like a place worth visiting if you’re caught between flights at Frankfurt!
    Leigh recently posted..Scenes from the Dingle Way in western Ireland

36. Jen says:

Yes! My dad lived in Wallau, a neighboring town, and we spent a few weeks visiting him and exploring the area…so many lovely cafes and spaces to explore. Definitely go back to visit if you can!
    Jen recently posted..Seven Mistakes Made by a First Time Disney Cruiser

I love the Rhine river area! There are so many great areas to explore. I would like to spend more time discovering Wiesbaden.

37. Frau Dietz says:

I think… yes! And you know I’m more than happy to share a few tips if and when you need them 🙂
    Frau Dietz recently posted..Spring has sprung

1. […] Debbie Beardsley Wiesbaden a second look […]