November 25, 2017

A Flowering Europe

Flowers are those little colorful beacons of the sun from which
we get sunshine when dark, somber skies blanket our thoughts.
~Dodinsky

To me, there is nothing better than gazing at the magnificence nature offers.  Flowers can truly brighten any day and make us smile even through tears.  As flowers start blooming, Europe becomes more dazzling and life just seems that much easier. Flowers add color and beauty to any setting and show up anywhere!

Flowers bedeck bridges as they span beautiful waterways,

Lucerne Bridge Switzerland

Lovely Chapel Bridge Lucerne Switzerland

Lovingly adorn houses,

Flower bedecked house Switzerland

Flower filled window boxes along Glacier Express in Switzerland

Offer a sea of color in gardens that have been carefully crafted,

Montreux Garden Switzerland

Garden along Lake Geneva in Montreux Switzerland

And add surprises around every corner!

Flowers Mittenwald Bavaria Germany

Flower bedecked street in Mittenwald Germany

Yes, everything looks better with flowers!

Street view in Gruyeres Switzerland

Picturesque Gruyeres Switzerland

I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
– Emma Goldman

I’m still thinking about this one and while I do enjoy the other wonderful photos
being shared on this Travel Photo Thursday over at Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Comments

1. I went to Switzerland last summer and I can attest to there being an enormous amount of wonderful, wonderful flowers everywhere. It was beautiful. I, too, would rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck 😉
    Annie@GreenTravelReviews recently posted..Captain’s Desert Camp- Wadi Rum, Jordan

2. Thank you for sharing these wonderful images. Switzerland surrounds it’s visitors with beautiful flowers and don’t forget the Netherlands. I attended the Bloemencorso flower parade a couple of years back and for flower lovers, it is an unforgettable experience. If you would like to see my photographs of the flower festival please have a look at my blog post. Thank you….

3. Vi says:

Debbie,
    you definitely should join “Capture the colour” contest.
    I think you have enough pictures to enter it.

4. Amanda Walken says:

What a beautiful flower it is. When I am surrounded on these beautiful flowers I will always have a beautiful day since every time I wake up I saw this breathtaking flowers. I love Europe.

5. Born27 says:

I love flowers too! There are lots of it in our garden. It adds color in my day every time I see it in the morning. Europe is indeed a beautiful place, having beautiful plants everywhere.

I love flowers as well and have never seen so many well cared for gardens anywhere as I have in Europe.
    Laurel recently posted..Summer Rodelbahn in the Nassfeld: Calling All Adrenalin Junkies

7. I was in Istanbul by the end of April, when all the tulips and other flowers were in their full bloom… it was beautiful!! Flowers can make a positive difference in any city.
    Norbert | GloboTreks recently posted..Celebrating Passover At An Israeli Kubbutz

That reminds me of the time we were in London on April 1. Daffodils were popping up every where! It was truly spectacular especially when it started lightly snowing 🙂

8. Denise says:

That is one of the things I loved about Switzerland. People there are particularly house proud, and will go to great lenghts to have beautiful plants, and in Spring, beautiful flowers decorating their balconies and gardens. Then again, there are still a lot of full time house wives in this country…which means they have a bit more time on their hands.
    Denise recently posted..There is something about Hoi An

I do appreciate the work people put into their gardens. I think gardens are a work of love and not dependent on being a house wife. My gardens were definitely lacking while I stayed home with my kids!

9. Allison says:

I love photos of flowers. My failures in my home garden make me appreciate all these lovely planters and gardens all the more.
    Allison recently posted..Romance in bloom at Thanksgiving Point Gardens

10. Flowers make EVERYTHING better! Well, except for my allergies. Not so sure about those….
    Christy @ Technosyncratic recently posted..Amsterdam’s Canals: The Best Way to See the City

11. I love these photos and both of those quotes. The hubby and I are always snapping photos of flowers everywhere we go!
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..Two Colorful Toronto Neighborhoods

12. I love seeing flowers during my travels too. They do brighten anyone’s day especially when they’re sound in surprising areas in major cities. You’ve captured some beautiful ones here. Love those flower-filled window boxes.

Flowers can add beauty even to building made of cement! Flower-filled window boxes are some of my favorites.

13. Nancie says:

I’m also a flower lover. I didn’t see many in Spain this winter, obviously. I looking forward to what I might see in Prague. I’d be surprised if I don’t see lots. Your shots are lovely.
    Nancie recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday — June 21st, 2012 — Nova Scotia Moments

Beautiful pics!! Love all of them, but especially the flowers in the windows. They reminds me of trips with my family in that area.
    Sabrina recently posted..Guangzhou Canton Tower

15. Lisa says:

I agree that flowers brighten a day – they just make me happy and I love to see them when I’m traveling!
    Lisa recently posted..Canadian Summer Vacations

16. I’m going to Switzerland this fall. I hope they still have something in their flower boxes and on the bridge! So beautiful.
    walkingon travels recently posted..Kid Memories at the Temple of Heaven, Beijing

I think you will still be in time for flowers! The pictures I included of Switzerland were taken the last few days of September and the first of October. Fall is my favorite time to travel – can’t beat the weather.

Central Europe – and the Alps especially – do flowers so well.
    Sophie recently posted..Canada Road Trip: Vancouver to Calgary, the Scenic Route

18. Jackie Smith says:

Among my favorite travel photos are those I take of flowers. They just give personality to an area. Nice photos.
    Jackie Smith recently posted..TPThursday: The Wickedest Town in the West

19. How quaint and beautiful these towns look. When we were in Switzerland, we joked that there must be a law requiring everyone to plant geraniums in window boxes. You’ve just proven us right!
    Vera Marie Badertscher recently posted..Travel Photos: Street Scenes

They do seem to be a requirement and one that I am glad they have! I love geraniums so much that I have them in the front of my house 🙂

20. This is what I didn’t see in Europe when I backpacked there last winter. All I could see was white and dead leaves haha Hopefully I can go back during summer; the gardens must look so beautiful then.
    Aleah | SolitaryWanderer.com recently posted..7 Beautiful Fountains You Must See in Rome

Each season does have its own beauty. I imagine Europe would be magical during winter and then comes alive when spring arrives!

I think flowers add so much to a landscape too. The Europeans seem to have got it down to a fine art when even the bridges are decorated.
    Leigh recently posted..Photos from Heil Valley Ranch near Boulder, Colorado

Flowers to seem to be everywhere in Europe! I am always impressed by the houses that have such lovely gardens.

22. Marlys says:

In happy times or sad, flowers remind us that life has many moments of beauty and lightness.
    Marlys recently posted..The Coalminers Trail

23. Katherina says:

I really love the towns when all the flowers are blooming… and particularly like the last picture – I so miss Switzerland!
    Katherina recently posted..Stockholm Like A Local: A Roomorama Review

Flowers do make a difference. They just seem to brighten everything up! Gruyeres is a very special little village.

1. mike walden acne no more…

A Flowering Europe | European Travelista…