July 27, 2017

Capturing the Colors of Europe

I enjoy both color and looking at wonderful photographs so when I first heard about TravelSupermarket’s Capture the Colour competition I was excited to see all the beautiful photographs that would be submitted.  Then Vi at Short Travel Tips suggested I enter and I thought “Yeah sure”!  A little later I got the official invite from the good folks at EasyHiker and EurotravelogueNow I couldn’t ignore my friends so I decide to give it a try!

So here are some of my favorites shots and entry into the Capture the Colour competition. . . Enjoy!

Blue

Mittenwald Germany is known for it’s beautiful painted facades.  The paintings have all kinds of colors in them -red, green, yellow and white – but not much blue.  I finally found one that had blue in it and it’s on one of my favorite streets!Mittenwald Bavaria Germany

Yellow

While visiting the Hofburg in Innsbruck I found a real resemblance to my own personal home so I had to share my favorite golden chandelier!Chandelier in Hofburg Innsbruck Austria

White

Do you have pictures you just love but don’t really know why?  Well, this is one of those for me.  While wandering Vienna Austria I ran into this lovely statue who’s motto is “By Virtue & Example”.  That is one of the definitions of white, isn’t it?

Virtue and Example Statue Vienna AustriaRed

In Paris, one of my favorite spots is Montmartre. Red seems to be the color of Montmartre from the Moulin Rouge to the easels of the artists!

Painters in Montmartre Paris France

Green

From the dramatic Alps to these beautiful rolling hills, Switzerland is one beautiful country! Plain and simply, I love this picture.  Taken as I was walking up the hill to Gruyeres Switzerland, this photo can make me feel calm on the craziest of days! Green Hills of Gruyeres Switzerland

There you have it, my entry into the Capture the Colour contest!  Here are five more nominees whose photo’s I’d love to see!

Quirky Travel Guy

On the Go Europe

Used York City

Tips for FamilyTrips

More Kids than Suitcases

Comments

1. domain says:

I think this is among the such a lot vital information for me.

And i’m happy reading your article. But wanna remark on some basic
    issues, The website taste is perfect, the articles is in point of fact excellent : D.
    Just right process, cheers
    domain recently posted..domain

2. I think the street scene in Red is my favorite. These are lovely photos and have me dreaming of Europe.
    Michele @ Malaysian Meanders recently posted..Milking a Coconut and Making Ice Cream

3. Red Nomad OZ says:

Great picks of great pix! Of course I’m a RED girl, but I think I like the white one best!!
    Red Nomad OZ recently posted..An Aussie Colour Cocktail – with a TWIST!

4. Love your colors, Debbie. You just reminded me I still haven’t done mine.
    InsideJourneys recently posted..Italy – The Hub of Showbiz

5. Born27 says:

Amazing! This is what I love about Europe.. the structural designs are great. The painting of facades and ceiling are extremely wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing your photos.

6. Great photos ! Mittenwald seems to be a really beautifull town. But when you say blue, the first place that pops into my mind is Cinque Terre, take a look:
    Cheers from Brazil !
    Marcos Pereira recently posted..Epílogo – uma surpresa vista do alto

Oh I’ve seen the blue water of the Cinque Terre and it is a beautiful spot in Italy! Thanks for stopping by.

7. Christine says:

Beautiful selection of photos. I especially like the white marble statue.
    Christine recently posted..A Chocolate Lover’s Delight in Cologne

Thanks Christine! Quite a few people have enjoyed that picture which makes me feel that I’m not crazy for loving it.

Nice selection! I really like the Paris one… and I first thought it was chose for white 🙂
    Sabrina recently posted..My Favorite Botanical Garden: The Atlanta Botanical Garden

What a great selection of photos. I particularly like your white on white and the green hills around Gruyere.
    Leigh recently posted..Kayaking Murtle Lake in Wells Gray Provincial Park, BC

10. Europe is beautiful and photos provided here can confirm this fact completely. Most of all, I like the image of Green color. It is beautiful.
    London4Travelers recently posted..London Hotels Close to Oxford Street

11. I know what you mean by the Alps having a calming effect. There is something about the mountains that just makes you want to relax and take in the view.
    Sensibletraveler recently posted..Photo of the Week: Siena

12. My favorite–tough choice–is the white. I like the contrast of the softness of the marble statue with the hard, dark chain and metallic bicycle.
    Vera Marie Badertscher recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: Animals

I really like the white one too but I could put into words why. Thank you for helping me figure this out!

13. What a great selection, Debbie! I love the yellow but especially the Green. I almost feel like singing (off-key, of course) “The hills are alive with the sound of music” with that beautiful photo. Good luck with the contest!
    Mary @ The World Is A Book recently posted..Roskilde Cathedral: Art & Architecture in Denmark’s Royal Burial Site

14. Some very delicate and pretty photos, Debbie. The competition is fierce! I have a nomination too and will be getting to it after my Polish family leave this weekend.
    Johanna Bradley recently posted..Sunday Post : Road

It is a fierce competition. It would be nice to win something but we will have to see! I’m looking forward to seeing your submission.

15. Lisa says:

Beautiful photos! I love the one of the artists in Montmartre. We waited until the last day of our trip to Paris to go there and it poured rain so there were no artists out painting – we’ll have to go back again to see them I suppose! Good luck with the contest!
    Lisa recently posted..Book of the Month: Maeve Binchy Novels

Montmartre is a special part of Paris and even though it rained while you were there, I’m sure it had a beauty all its own!

16. Jeff Titelius says:

Wow…I love your “white” and your “green”! Spectacular photos as usual my friend!!! Good luck! And yes, you can’t ignore your friends!!!
    Jeff Titelius recently posted..Capturing the Colors of Europe from Amsterdam to Venice

Its a fun walk through memory lane going through photos of past trips! Thank you, Jeff, for your kind words and support.

17. I’ve loved seeing everyone’s entries in this competition as I’ve found many new places to visit. Your lovely photo of Mittenwald inspires a visit but it is the photo of Monmartre that is my favourite. You’ve captured the atmosphere beautifully – I feel as though I am there. If only…..
    jenny@atasteoftravel recently posted..Inside Kensington Palace

18. Well done, Debbie! I love your creative selections for the contest. I’d like to be walking along that street in Mittenwald right now/.
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..Three Favorite Travel Memories

19. Marlys says:

Oh, these shots are all so close to my heart. I particularly like the one of Mittenwald. Hope to get there soon-ish. And of, course, Montmartre, my ‘hood!
    Marlys recently posted..A Nightingale In A Coal Mine

1. thun suthraya…

Capturing the Colors of Europe | European Travelista…

2. […] Last week I shared with you some of my favorite travel photographs in Capturing the Colors of Europe. […]