July 27, 2017

Photographic Europe: More of my Favorites!

Last week I shared with you some of my favorite travel photographs in Capturing the Colors of Europe.

This week I’m sharing 3 photos that didn’t make the cut.

Wandering around Salzburg last summer not only did I run into my favorite fast food but also this lovely corridor full of many colorful flowers!  Salzburg has so many worthwhile sites to see but I wholeheartedly recommend you spend time just wandering.  The results will be worth it!Lovely Corridor Salzburg Austria

A few years ago I was lucky enough to spend time along the Moselle river in Germany before ending up in the lovely Roman city of Trier.  Even though I only spent a short time along this beautiful river, it left a impression on me and is one of the many areas in Germany I would love to explore more thoroughly!  Besides the wine found along the Moselle, this area is full of charming villages like Traben-Trarbach that are mesmerizing.Traben Trarbach Moselle River Germany

Montreux Switzerland sits on the banks of Lake Geneva and is full of the charm and views you come to expect in this scenic country.  It is also a great city to use as a base. There are many sites within easy reach including Lausanne, wineries and scenic Gruyeres!  One thing I enjoy so much about Europe is it’s abundance of gardens and flowers.  This lovely garden in Montreux is no exception.Montreux Garden Switzerland

These photo’s are shared as part of Travel Photo Thursday.
For more great pictures, check out Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Maybe I’ll see you there!

Comments

1. Red Nomad OZ says:

That’s what I hate about ‘collections’ of photos – there’s always great ones that didn’t make it!!
    Red Nomad OZ recently posted..An Aussie Colour Cocktail – with a TWIST!

I really like all these three towns. I stumbled upon Trier once myself. Had a day off from meetings in Luxembourg and hopped on the first train. Ended up in Trier. It was a treat.
    Sophie recently posted..Lihallen: Arctic Art Gallery

3. Beautiful photos. I love the third one best! 🙂
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Side Trip: California Wine Country

4. I really like the photo you took in Salzburg. Something about it seems so exotic.
    Sensibletraveler recently posted..Ten Italian Train Tips

5. Born27 says:

I really enjoy visiting places like this, Thanks for sharing those stunning photos with us and i’m looking forward on your next post!

The flowers in Salzburg look gorgeous. Really brighten up that hallway!
    Sabrina recently posted..Italian Vineyard Wedding at L’Olivella near Rome

7. I visited Montreux many, many years ago and had forgotten how beautiful it was until I saw your photo of the gardens. Time to go back!
    jenny@atasteoftravel recently posted..Eating in New York

8. These three photos are equally as beautiful as your Capture the Color submission. The lovely Montreux gardens sounds like my kind of place to explore. That Moselle picture just looks like it came out of a fairytale book.
    Mary @ The World Is A Book recently posted..Discovering Grenada: The Caribbean’s Spice Isle

The Moselle is the sleepy cousin of the Rhine! I would love to rent a car and spend a week exploring the river area.

All of those look lovely Debbie. I’ve heard about the wonderful gardens of Montreux – perhaps one day.
    Leigh recently posted..Float Plane Ride: Anahim Lake to Laidman Lake Lodge

You really should go, Leigh! I imagine it would be a great place to ride or hike especially along the lake.

10. I should say the photos are inspirational. I love the second photo where a vista of grandeur can be seen as if I am watching the Starwars was being replayed in front of my lappy. Also, i love how the gardens are manicured so breathtaking.

Cheers 🙂
    Wends of Journeys and Travels recently posted..Hong Kong’s Clock Tower sentry of the past in the present

11. Margaret says:

I love that photo of Salzburg. I’ve only ever been to Salzburg in the winter, so I would really enjoy seeing it with summer colors!
    Margaret recently posted..In the Languedoc, France: cycling the Canal du Midi

I would love to visit Salzburg during the winter. I’m sure it is equally as beautiful dusted with snow!

12. Jenna says:

I love Salzburg, too, but would really enjoy those gardens.
    Jenna recently posted..The Colors of Brazil

13. cindy says:

That picture of Trier is wonderful. I know nothing about the place, but now that I have seen that photos, I want to go there!
    cindy recently posted..Photo Thursday: A Junk Yard with Attitude

14. That picture of Trier particularly got my attention. It looks a lot like Swiss lakeside towns, doesn’t it?
    Vera Marie Badertscher recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday: TX Road Trip

Yes, Traben-Trarbach was a lovely village set alongside the Moselle River and it does look like it could be on a lake!

15. I love them all, Debbie, each has it’s own special charm.
    I’m surprised you didn’t get to use them before…they’re just lovely!
    InsideJourneys recently posted..Jamaica50 The Colors of Independence

16. Jackie Smith says:

I love them all and would have a difficult time choosing my favorite of those three. Beautiful photos.
    Jackie Smith recently posted..TP Thursday: The Joy of Travel

17. Beautiful collection Debbie. My fave is Salzburg of course!
    Jeff Titelius recently posted..ArtSmart Roundtable: Raphael’s ‘School of Athens’ in the Vatican Museum

18. Switzerland is beautiful! Too bad I didn’t get a chance to visit it when I went to Europe 🙁
    Aleah | SolitaryWanderer.com recently posted..Snapshot Sunday—Borobudur, the Biggest Buddhist Temple in the World