September 25, 2017

Go Go Travel Gadgets!

Traveling, especially to Europe, requires we take along some “gadgets” that make our trip easier.  For European travel, plug adapters are a must.  Yesterday, power converters were necessary but today they are a definite. . . maybe.   Over the years, I have collected a travel sized dual voltage hair dryer and curling iron that are powerful enough to handle my stubborn curly hair plus all my electronics (laptop, camera battery charger and cell phone) are also dual voltage which makes converters a thing of the past!

Even though I don’t usually buy new gadgets,
I found a couple I’m taking with me when I visit Germany next week.

1. I’m always looking for ways to pare down the size of hair products I travel with.  A few weeks ago I read a review of Lush New solid cinnamon and clove shampoo that really piqued my interest.  The reviewer loved this stuff, going so far to say “I had one of the best hair days I’ve had in years” so I was eager to give it a try.   My exuberance diminished a bit when rereading the review I realized the reviewer was male but I decided to give it a try anyway.  Wish me luck!Lush Solid Shampoo
  2. Why is it that hotels don’t put enough outlets in them? Now days it seems there is always a rush in my hotel room to see who gets the outlet that’s easy to reach without moving furniture or unplugging lights!  Enter the Belkin Mini Surge Protector.  With this baby, I won’t have to rotate my chargeables because I have enough outlets to plug in my laptop, phone and camera battery at the same time.   And I haven’t even touched the 2 USB charging slots yet!Belkin Surge Protector

There you have it, 2 new gadgets I’m giving a try on this wonderful trip to Germany (more details will be coming next week :))!

When I return I’ll give you an update on how they worked.

What are your favorite gadgets you take with you when traveling?

Comments

1. khourshem says:

Awesome post! I’m glad that I found your blog. I’m going on a trip to Europe this coming month and train travel is on our itinerary. Thanks!

2. sunpower says:

Today everybody is carrying technology (i.e. mobile phones and other portable digital gadgets) in their hands. They are the tools which can give you real-time information about anything, just in single click whether it’s about travelling or something else.
    Great share! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

3. Your style is so unique in comparison to other folks I’ve read
    stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this web site.
    psychoterapia bydgoszcz godziny otwarcia recently posted..psychoterapia bydgoszcz godziny otwarcia

4. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.|

That surge protector is a great idea. Not only finally more space to recharge things, but actually protect them which might not be that necessary in Europe, but in some other places it would be great. Not sure about the shampoo. Hope it works for you! I usually bring the tiny travel size things and then buy stuff at the destination when I need to cut down on weight.
    Sabrina recently posted..More Outdoor Activities in Atlanta: Centennial Park

6. Great suggestions! I like the idea of the mini-surge protector.

I’m excited to try both but I’m more sure the surge protector will work. I am just hoping I don’t end up with 12 days of bad hair day!

7. Hmm, wonder if that Lush is the same company that makes my bath products?

I had a chuckle when I read about moving furniture to find outlets. I’ve done that so many times! Now if that surge protector is also a converter, we’re in business. It’s the one thing I definitely have to take with me.
    InsideJourneys recently posted..Capturing the Colors of Jamaica

8. Margaret says:

I love the scent of cinnamon and of cloves, so I think that shampoo is a great idea. I’ll be curious to see how well solid shampoo works. My favorite gadget is my e-reader. It has cut down on the weight of my luggage.
    Margaret recently posted..We came; we ate; we bought a cooler

I’m looking forward to the scent too and hoping it works really good! I haven’t purchased an e-reader yet but I can see that coming very soon.

9. Red Nomad OZ says:

My favourite gadget is a wind up torch!! It’s dynamite downunder when I’m trying to find the loo in the middle of the night without stepping on errant snakes or cane toads. But it’s probably not going to be THAT useful in a hotel room …
    Red Nomad OZ recently posted..An Aussie Colour Cocktail – with a TWIST!

I think that mini surge protector is a great idea. Hope Germany ends up being a great trip.
    Leigh recently posted..A Stay at Laidman Lake Lodge in BC’s Remote Interior

11. Marlys says:

Hmmm, I’m awaiting judgement about that hair product. It has also been my problem with our travels. I have to pack my ow conditioner but because of regulations, can’t bring as much.
    Marlys recently posted..Soul Rocks In The Palatinate

12. JenniferU says:

Debbie I used the Belkin for my 3-week trip in May to Portugal and Morocco. It was great for charging a couple of camera batteries and an iPhone. The only difficulty is when an adapter is added it becomes too heavy and wants to tip out of most wall outlets. We got pretty creative with propping it up though. Definitely better than rotating items or trading off with a travel mate though.

13. I think I need to get that Belkin mini.
    Stephanie – The Travel Chica recently posted..8 Fun, Amusing, and Odd Things from Tupiza to Uyuni