November 20, 2017

Pictures From Above

When I fly I usually opt for an aisle seat but on my most recent trip to Germany I decided to give the window seat a try so I could attempt to capture some great photos out the window.

I’ve seen many photo’s people have taken from planes ( Keith from Velvet Escape to name one ) and thought it was time I gave it a try!

For Travel Photo Thursday I’m sharing a few pictures from above that were taken from my window seat.

When landing in Frankfurt, the weather was not cooperating so these pictures are not too good (at least that’s the excuse I’m sticking with ๐Ÿ™‚ ).

Frankfurt Germany Landing

Getting ready to land in Frankfurt.

But, my trip from Frankfurt to San Francisco included a stop in London where the weather was just right for some great pictures!

High over London England

High over London England

London England From the Window Seat!

London England From the Window Seat!

Coming in over London England

Can you see the Thames River??

Even though it was fun taking pictures from the window seat, I may be going back to the aisle.ย  I really didn’t like the feeling of being locked in especially when my row mate slept the entire way ( I really hate people who can do this!).

Do you take pictures from the window seat??

These photoโ€™s are part of Travel Photo Thursday.
For more great pictures, check out Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Maybe Iโ€™ll see you there!

Comments

1. Anita says:

Great airplane shots ๐Ÿ™‚ I always take a window seat as I really love to see the earth from another perspective and the best part is when you’re approaching final your destination and you get a first glimps.
    Anita recently posted..Hotel Review โ€“ Nu Hotel Milano

2. I like the patchwork quilt of fields outside London. The good thing about sitting with my kids is that I can hand the camera over to them to take pictures and still sit on the aisle.
    Michele | Malaysian Meanders recently posted..The Joys of Overseas Voting

Very true. Plus it keeps them busy while flying but then they may fight over who gets to take the picture ๐Ÿ™‚

3. jade says:

Love sitting by the window for just this reason. Usually I like to sit on the aisle just so I have control over when I want to get up or not but for short flights I always sit by the window. Great photos!
    jade recently posted..Exploring Bat Caves in Puerto Rico

4. inka says:

I am just like you, window seats make me feel trapped. Always aisle for me, hence no pictures from above. Love the clouds.
    inka recently posted..Time to plan visits to Christmas Markets

5. I also opt for a window seat so I can take photos..not that I’ve posted any yet! I still find it amazing how many minute details you can see. London’s patch work quilt is beautiful!
    jenny@atasteoftravel recently posted..Dar es Salaamโ€™s Colourful Markets

6. Nice shots, Debbie! I used to get window seats all the time but since having kids, they fight over that seat. I used to love looking out and trying to figure out what I’m seeing and just seeing all those clouds. Maybe I need to start training my kids to take pictures like these to add to my collection. Wish I was landing or passing by London soon.
    Mary @ The World Is A Book recently posted..Madrid with Kids: 5 Free and Fun Attractions

7. I’m so jealous of people who sleep on planes, including my husband. These are great pics, Debbie. I’ve only attempted a few window seat shots — a couple of Iceland came out pretty well. Usually I’m in the middle seat (if flying with the hubby) or aisle if I’m alone. Yes, I do see the Thames and it makes me wish I was flying into London right now.
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..Barcelona’s Block of Discord

I love taking photos from a plane too. I recently read that to reduce glare one should have the lens right up against the glass. London looks familiar from the air; I always love that patchwork as you fly in to the city.
    Leigh recently posted..The Best Ways to Save Up To Go Traveling

9. Jackie Smith says:

I have taken some and keep thinking I should try a post out of them. I am such a white knuckler about flying though my favorite take off position is with my head pointed forward and my eyes tightly shut!
    Jackie Smith recently posted..TPThursday: Hauntingly Beautiful Venice

I always get window seats, much more interesting – and snap photos all the time. Really nice when the clouds cooperate so well ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sophie recently posted..Gaudi in Context โ€“ A Walk through Catalan Modernisme

11. These are great shots, Debbie. And yes, I can definitely see the Thames. I love way the clouds seem to be suspended in that second shot. You’ve done well on your first try, Debbie.

I love the window seat precisely because I want to be able to see outside and take photos. Just last night, I was looking at some I took a few trips ago.
    InsideJourneys recently posted..New York City Before Hurricane Sandy

I was really bummed because just when I put my camera down I saw Big Ben and the London Eye! That would have been a great picture. It was an absolutely beautiful descent. In fact, I had a beautiful landing in San Francisco too. I don’t think I’ve seen it more spectacular.

12. Muza-chan says:

Beautiful pictures ๐Ÿ™‚
    Muza-chan recently posted..A Japanese Song per Day: Boom Boom Satellites – Easy Action

13. Window seat all the way! Clouds, sunset, mountain ranges, the patchwork of green fields – everything become so accentuated! It’s a travesty that humans haven’t evolved to have wings!
    Shing @ The Culture Map recently posted..THE TROLLSTIGEN ROAD: HAVE THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!