September 20, 2017

Its A Door Thing

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
Walt Disney

Hi my name is Debbie and I have a door “thing”.

I was going through pictures from a recent European trip and kept noticing all the pictures I took of doors!

Yes doors!

I’ve never realized I have a fixation on doors but the evidence was staring me in the face – picture after picture of doors.

I had pictures church doors like this one at St. Stephans Church in Mainz Germany,St. Stephan's Church Door Mainz Germany

Crazy kaleidoscope doors I found while strolling the streets and alleys of Freiburg Germany,Crazy Door Freiburg Germany

Dramatic doors I marveled at in Rostock Germany,Dramatic Door on Brick Building Rostock Germany

Splendid portals leading to Efurt Germany’s Wedding House (wouldn’t it be wonderful getting married here?),Haus zum Sonneborn Door Erfurt Germany

and Doors that look small and lonely like this one I found in Salzburg Austria.Small and Lonely Door Salzburg Austria

I know I have a problem because I have so many more picture of doors to share with you!  But they say admitting the addiction is the first step to healing, right?

And now that you know the truth, please don’t judge me because I don’t think I’m the only one with strange addictions like this.

What subjects do you have a “thing” for?

These pictures are part of Travel Photo Thursday!
For more great pictures,make sure to check out Budget Travelers Sandbox.
Maybe I’ll see you there!

Comments

1. Therese says:

Every individual or business owner should make their very own determination as to which type of licensed personal accountant (CPA) they want to hire.
    Therese recently posted..Therese

2. EU thing says:

Doors are indeed fascinating in foreign countries. My friend visited Sweden and showed me her photos of Stockholm… all doors… “It was cheaper than visiting the museums” she told me!

The second door is very psychedelic 😉
    EU thing recently posted..Language learning in the United Kingdom- parlez vous what?

3. Kaitlin says:

I can’t get over the size of some of the doors you see here, and how elaborate they are. That door from Freiburg is simply amazing!

4. I love posts like this: doors, windows, statues, etc. So much fun to look at all the different styles! Wonderful photos too my friend! I think my fave is Efurt Germany’s Wedding House. Fabulous colors and so German!
    Jeff Titelius recently posted..A Tour Through Normandy, France

5. Jam @icoSnap says:

Those doors have such unique designs. The crazy kaleidoscope door is my fave 🙂
    Jam @icoSnap recently posted..10 Fun Facts about the Philippines

6. That kaleidoscope door is my favorite. I seem to have a thing for taking pictures of funny toilet signs. I’m sure that this embarrasses my mom whenever I post them.
    Michele of Malaysian Meanders recently posted..Why My Kids Love The Sydney Opera House

7. Some striking examples, Debbie. I have one or two in the collection too.
    Johanna Bradley recently posted..Cee’s fun foto challenge : wood

8. If you find a support group for door addictions, let me know! 🙂 Great pics — I’m compelled to take pics of doors, too. I also take a lot of pics of staircases! I’ll have to post those sometime.
    Cathy Sweeney recently posted..King Ludwig II and Herrenchiemsee Palace

9. Nancie says:

These are all great. i particularly like the one in Frieburg. Windows and doors always call out to me when I have a camera in my hand.
    Nancie recently posted..#TPThursday — January 24, 2013 — Wat Si Chum at Sukhothai’s Historical Park

10. I love doors too – and stairs. Great shots!
    cindy@thetravelgal recently posted..Photo Thursday: Contrasting Travel Ideals on Display in Paris

11. Lane says:

Our “thing” is ruins. Excellent images of doors!
    Lane recently posted..Great Southwest Travelogues

I love seeing ruins in person but for some reason my pictures don’t seem to come out that great. Something I need to work on!

12. I have a ton of pictures of doors too, but my children are often standing in front of them. It just seems like a great place for a picture! 🙂 Seriously though, my husband is a contractor so I always notice doors…and windows. I ALWAYS notice the windows. I love the arches!
    Tonya @ The Traveling Praters recently posted..Favorite Warm Weather Photos from Around Ohio- #TPThursday

13. I love taking pictures of doors too, especially in Europe! In my TPT post now, I only have a couple of them because I thought of writing a separate post about the doors in Europe. Will do that much later 🙂
    Aleah | SolitaryWanderer.com recently posted..Remembering the Unforgettable Beauty of Santorini

14. I love taking pictures of doors too, especially in Europe! In my TPT post now, I only have a couple of them because I thought of writing a separate post about the doors in Europe. Will do that much later 🙂

I saw the picture of your door and immediately loved it! I’ll look forward to seeing your collection of doors.

15. Marlys says:

What charming doors. Great job! I also love them, but unfortunately, I’ve not collected pictures of them. A pity really.
    Marlys recently posted..Themed Paris Urban Walk – The Artists of Montmartre

16. What some wonderful doors. You’ve certainly picked some gorgeous and unusual ones. I love photographing doors, and window too come to that.
    Johanna at ZigaZag recently posted..3 Places you just have to try for Lunch in Busselton WA Australia.

17. Like the rest here, I love door photos. I have a thing for windows and street art too. These are great doors! You sure know how to pick them! I love the Rostock Germany one – it looks like a castle entrance.
    Mary @ The World Is A Book recently posted..Exploring the Great Sand Dunes National Park

I’m not sure what the building was, but it wasn’t a castle. It must have been some type of government building because of all the coats of arms on the front.

18. Jackie Smith says:

I too love doors and have similar collections. . .of course I also have windows. I bet you do too!
    Jackie Smith recently posted..Beyond Waikiki

19. Sounds as though we’re all door addicts. I was wondering what to do with all my door photos apart from pinning them and everyone else’s! I’ll be adding yours to the Doorways board too , thanks Debbie!
    jenny@atasteoftravel recently posted..My Favourite Cities in the World

Who would’ve thought we’d have a club of door addicts? I’ll have to look at the Doorways board.

20. budget jan says:

I am a door addict as well. Maybe we should form a Door Freak Anonymous group. No. 2 is my favourite – so artistic.
    budget jan recently posted..Marrakech to the Dunes of Erg Chebbi – Tale of two Gorges (Part 4)

Well as another door addict, I can recommend Freiburg. I can’t believe how many door pictures I have from that one town! I really liked this wild door too 🙂

21. jade says:

I am getting into door photography too. I absolutely love the third one. so intricate and beautiful!
    jade recently posted..Hiking Diamond Head

It’s so funny how many people take pictures of doors! I happened by the door in Rostock early one morning and the whole building was very beautiful and intriguing.

I love door photos – the more colourful and zanier the better. I like your Rostock door the best.
    Leigh recently posted..A Visit to Wintry Winnipeg