January 18, 2018

The Gorton Fisherman in Rostock!

Even though Rostock isn’t actually on the sea, it definitely has a maritime feel to it. So I wasn’t surprised, as I wandered along the river, to see many moored boats.

River side Rostock Germany at Sunset

And I shouldn’t have been surprised to run into this very famous person, but I was!

So who did I run into in Rostock?

The Gorton Fisherman Rostock Germany

The Gorton Fisherman!

These pictures are part of Travel Photo Thursday!
For more great pictures,make sure to check out Budget Travelers Sandbox.
Maybe I’ll see you there!

Comments

Very cool street art this 🙂
    Sophie recently posted..A Garden with a View

2. What great street art and something so unexpected. Thanks! Like Michael..now I can’t get the jingle out of my head and I’m not even a fish person 🙂
    Mary @ The World Is A Book recently posted..Five Fun and Free Things to do in Reykjavik Iceland with Kids

3. Street art and grafitti is always so interesting. I didn’t know who the Gorton Fisherman was either 🙂
    Johanna at ZigaZag recently posted..Day to Night, the WA Way, and Win a pair of his or hers Airflex Shoes.

4. Tonya says:

Love the Gorton Fisherman! That’s great!
    Tonya recently posted..Why I Visited the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans and didn’t take pictures of the Animals

5. Now I have their jingle in my head – “Trust the Gorton’s Fisherman. ” 🙂
    Michael Figueiredo recently posted..Greetings From… The Andean Plateau, Peru

6. I love the way towns are using ugly buildings for some fabulous street art. This looks great and obviously has some significance to the area!
    jenny@atasteoftravel recently posted..The Giving Lens Gives Back in Jordan

That is one thing that really attracted me to this! I’m not a big fan of graffiti but this kind of art is ok with me.

7. Buntell says:

Very nice photos.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Buntell recently posted..Olive Oil 25ml – Sari Ayu Martha Tilaar

8. Jackie Smith says:

Great photos on this one. . .if that isn’t the perfect fisherman face!
    Jackie Smith recently posted..The Birthday Bangle: Weaving Heritage and History

9. budget jan says:

Nice post – I Wikipedia’d “The Gorton Fisherman” to find out his significance, as I had never heard of him 🙂
    budget jan recently posted..Marrakech to the Dunes of Erg Chebbi – The Sahara – Part 5

You know, as soon as hit publish I was worried people might not know who the Gorton Fisherman was 🙂 Glad you found out!