July 27, 2017

Colorful Buildings in Europe

With a history dating back thousands of years, its no wonder Europe is full of villages and cities whose streets are lined with colorful buildings.

These colorful buildings line rivers,

Bamberg Colorful Buildings GermanyBamberg Germany

Dress Up Old Town’s,

Mainz Colorful Buildings GermanyMainz Germany

Or are as colorful as their past!

Erfurt Colorful Buildings GermanyErfurt Germany

Some villages are even known for their beautifully painted buildings.

Mittenwald Colorful Buildings GermanyMittenwald Germany

No matter the reason they exist, the colorful houses found in Europe delight us all and help keep memories of our visit fresh in our minds.

Lucerne Colorful Buildings SwitzerlandLucerne Switzerland

These pictures are part of Travel Photo Thursday! For more great pictures,make sure to check out Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Comments

1. Our Grosfillex choice contains stacking barstools, armchairs and aspect chairs, folding chairs,
    chaises, fence panels, folding and stationary tables, desk tops, metallic and
    plastic desk bases, umbrellas and umbrella stands.
    grosfillex dining chair recently posted..grosfillex dining chair

2. Fungal Nails says:

Symptoms may include eye pain, fever, asthma, rashes and intestinal
    cramping. At this time, their body temperature drops and their heart rate
    can decrease from 200 beats per minute (bpm) to 10 bpm.

When insurance companies stress preventive health, they always emphasize
    doctor exams over laboratory tests.
    Fungal Nails recently posted..Fungal Nails

3. The main problem lies in where the fungus is living: under the nail.
    At this time, their body temperature drops and their heart
    rate can decrease from 200 beats per minute (bpm) to 10 bpm.
    When insurance companies stress preventive health,
    they always emphasize doctor exams over laboratory tests.
    Ankle Impingement recently posted..Ankle Impingement

4. Wow, wonderful blog layout! Howw lengthy have you been blogging for?

youu make running a blog look easy. The whoole look of your website is wonderful, aas smartly
    as the content material!
    sliding security grilles recently posted..sliding security grilles

5. Christina says:

Love the Bamberg shot! 🙂
    Christina recently posted..Hanami: cherry blossoms in Japan (photo essay)

6. Have you ever seen the house of Tobermory on the Isle of Mull off the west coast of Scotland, absolutely beautiful, a childhood holiday haunt and much loved by our family.
    Seana – Sydney, Kids, Food + Travel recently posted..15 Things To Do In Sydney These April School Holidays

7. Denise says:

I am very, very fond of colourful European buildings. They are so charming when compared to the horrible 80s buildings which unfortunately took over at a time when it was all about being out with the old and in with the new.
    Denise recently posted..On why I love being an expat

8. Sofia says:

I love the colorful buildings in Europe, they really add to the atmosphere.
    Sofia recently posted..How Russia’s Art Scene Is Changing

9. These colorful and painted buildings and the charming towns are some of the reasons I love visiting Europe. These pictures are beautiful! One of my favorite places to visit in European cities are its Old Towns. Can’t wait to see some of these in Bavaria Germany this summer.
    Mary {The World Is A Book} recently posted..5 Free Things to do in Orange County with Kids

I’m looking forward to reading about your trip to Bavaria this summer! You’ll find lots of wonderful and colorful buildings.

10. Hi Debbie, colorful buildings with exquisite architectures exemplify Europe for me. And those stunning photos make me crave to travel to Europe soon!
    Marisol@TravelingSolemates.com recently posted..Kompong Phluk: The Village of Stilted Houses and Flooded Forest

I know the feeling. Sorting through pictures always makes me nostalgic and wish I could go back!

11. Margaret says:

I love those towns that come right up to the river’s edge.
    Margaret recently posted..I read about that place in a book when I was a kid!

12. Nancie says:

Love European building and architecture and this is a gorgeous collection of shots!
    Nancie recently posted..Travel Photo Thursday — April 11th, 2013 — Silver Smithing in Chiang Mai

Thanks Nancie. The buildings and architecture of Europe sure make strolling through the cities very enjoyable 🙂

13. Hey, no fair! You show us all these beautiful, colorful cities and don’t tell us where they are!!
    cindy thetravelgal recently posted..Photo Thursday: On the Road in Morocco

14. They sure are beautiful, Debbie. Any building as colorful as these would be considered “artsy” in the US, not something a regular person would live in.
    InsideJourneys recently posted..It’s Mango Season in Jamaica

No a regular person in the US wouldn’t live in those. In fact, I don’t think neighbors would like it if someone painted they house one of these colors!

15. I don’t usually think of colorful buildings when I think of Europe. These are wonderful. It makes sense that people living in places with long, gray winters would want to liven up their world.
    Just One Boomer (Suzanne) recently posted..Baby Boomer Travel Induced Hypochondria

I never thought they would be brightly painted to alleviate the grey winters! You may be on to something 🙂

16. Colour certainly plays an important part in these beautiful towns but I don’t feel that we can neglect the part the architecture plays as well. When combined the two create the wonderful character of these towns and villages that mean they cannot be forgotten.
    jenny@atasteoftravel recently posted..Our Summer Hideaway: Rottnest Island on Instagram

17. Europe does colourful buildings so well. I love how the really old buildings are given a new lease of life with a bright paint job. Great photos and a reminder to me – why not paint our grey house a lovely lilac colour?!!!
    Johanna at ZigaZag WA Travel & Lifestyle recently posted..Where’s the best place in the world to live? Dare I say this?

The colorful houses add so much charm. I think they just don’t go with our style of architecture!

I do wish North American cities had more colour to them. I think we’re naturally drawn to the ones that are.
    Leigh recently posted..A Visit to the Athabasca Falls near Jasper, Alberta

19. budget jan says:

The colourful houses must add an extra charm when the skies are gloomy. I love the colourful buildings throughout Europe, but somehow they would not look the same back home. Lovely photos.
    budget jan recently posted..The Jewel in Portugal’s Crown is… Sintra

I love the colorful houses in Europe but you are so right about not liking them back home! Colorful houses at home seem very out of place.